IGNORED

Bought my 2nd Royal Star, this time I wanted a Venture!

AABBCC

Decoded the VIN, here is what I found

Decoded VIN: JYAVP04E7XA001752

Destination Market: 49 states (Except California)

Make: YAMAHA

Manufacturer Name: YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION

Model: XVZ13TF/XVZ13TFC/XVZ13TFS/XVZ13TFSC/Royal Star

Model Year: 1999

Plant City: Hamamatsu

Vehicle Type: MOTORCYCLE

Plant Country: Japan

Body Class: Motorcycle - Cruiser

Displacement (CC): 1300

Displacement (CI): 79.330867323

Displacement (L): 1.300000

I'm not looking to burst anyone's bubble here, & this is only an opinion, (& you know what they say about those) but that is not an totally original bike, (ie as it came out of the factory) It's a very nice looking bike & the price was good but:

Those scrapes on the muffler, engine guards etc did not come from a standing drop, That bike has been in a slide (or those parts may have been taken from another bike that was in a slide :confused:) it has been repainted in places, the leg guards are not the same colorway as the rest of the bike (they would be two tone red/ grey), I don't know if that's a 1999 colorway or not but I bow to the superior knowledge of others (especially Don) on here.

Having said that if it runs OK & rides well & you don't mind the cosmetics, who the hell cares?

Enjoy it if you decide it's a keeper! :biker:

Thank you everyone for the honest feedback I've been getting, be it pro or con. And no worries! I expected reconditioning would be necessary and I'll enjoy this project no matter the outcome. I still have 3 days upon receiving the bike to change my mind. Bike is on it's way from the NPA in California to the NPA in Atlanta, then to my house, so I'll post back in 2 weeks time with a video of the bike running!

Any recommended member mechanics in the Atlanta area?

So far it's been an easy but slow buying process. Rumbleon.com is a virtual dealership startup aimed at disrupting the used bike resell market backed by some big names who's stock went public last year and I'm curious how they'll do long term. http://q4live.s22.clientfiles.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/172929361/files/doc_presentations/RumbleOn-FINAL-FINAL_v8.pdf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112943[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112942[/ATTACH]

Edited by AABBCC