IGNORED

Spot/flood LEd's on the RSV. Where to mount?

Asking for ideas on where to mount the small LED bullet lights I have.

I already have highway pegs on the engine guards as well as the Yamaha lower wind deflectors mounted there.

I don't think they will mount on the front fender mounting bolt as the fork covers may hit the lights during a hard pothole hit at full compression.

Thought about the wind guards in front of the forks but same issue.

I guess I could mount on the top edge of the lowers. However, the wind there may flex the lower plastic enough to induce cracking ...although I could mitigate that by bracing on the underside with abs and epoxy.

What has worked for you all?

I no longer have the tools to make any kind of a mount. The shop is no more...

As to mounting down by the calipers....how did you guys do it? Mount off of one of the caliper bolts? Those bolt heads are to big for the little u-shaped adapter that came with the light. I have LED lights instead of reflectors mounted in the reflector areas.

About the only way I'll be able to mount down by the engine guards under the pegs, is to drill a hole into the guard and bolt the little mount through the hole. Not sure that's a good idea as weak as these guards are. Don't need to weaken them any more. But maybe a little hole won't hurt?!

Pictures would help if you have any....

TIA,

david