IGNORED

Highway pegs

Has anyone mounted pegs on the small crash bars yet? if so, type and model? Did the plastic cowling need to be trimmed?

Just about every one here has them. The style is a personal preference... Kuryakyn has a number of choices... And yes they will mount on the crash bar without whittling...

It may take a little homeowrk to find a clamp that will work in tight quarters. Depending on how much room you have. I know the 2nd gen didnt have much and my Victory dont either. But I have a pair of the kurakyn bigger pegs. Would something like this work? 18817_1350x900_RGB_72DPI.jpg

It may take a little homeowrk to find a clamp that will work in tight quarters. Depending on how much room you have. I know the 2nd gen didnt have much and my Victory dont either. But I have a pair of the kurakyn bigger pegs. Would something like this work? https://www.kuryakyn.com/azureFiles/kuryakyn/18817_1350x900_RGB_72DPI.jpg

Thanks for the reply. That clamp might work but could only be mounted at a 90 to the bike. So the stem would need to come straight out to a straight out peg/rest. Another concern is the crash bars are only 1 inch diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look around the site. They have different size clamps. You might look on e bay too. Mine are similar to those but are looking pretty bad. Chrome peeling, fasteners rusting. So I just painted them a black hammered paint. Somewhere I have a pair of 1 inch clamps too I think. These pegs have been in like 3 bikes. Lol

Has anyone mounted pegs on the small crash bars yet? if so, type and model? Did the plastic cowling need to be trimmed?

I ordered a set off Amazon and installed them without any modifications to the lower fairing or inner. I did have to take the inner plastic panels out.

I ordered a set off Amazon and installed them without any modifications to the lower fairing or inner. I did have to take the inner plastic panels out.
can you take a picture of the bike and provide a link to Amazon please

Did you look at Kuryakyn's site ?

https://www.kuryakyn.com/category/42/highway-cruise-pegs

I searched for 2018 Venture highway pegs and found the above

I did but didn’t see the floorboard mounts. That might be my solution. One of the issues that I have is I had the lower wings installed which mount above the small crash bar. I cannot in good conscience install Goldwing pegs on a Venture. It just ain’t right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you take a picture of the bike and provide a link to Amazon please

I'm trying to upload pic but having trouble new here.

I typed in 1" highway bar foot pegs and did a search .

They are all black came from cal. Similar to the longhorns by kuryakyn