IGNORED

popping exhaust

kevin-vic-b.c.

Took the Venture in for new set of sneakers today. Went back to Metzlers....888 this time. I had the 880s on the 86 and liked them. Avonns were good but flat center on the rear from highway riding made it difficult to do my stunt driving at low speed. All good there.

Had the shop balance the carbs while it was there... it was there why not. Seems they have troubles with it as now I have continual popping sound and the big bang on deceleration.

The air stuff was cap off long time ago so not that. Mechanic feels the O rings on the adjustment screws are dried out and should be replaced. I am going to order an Ivan's kit to be installed but not sure about the O rings if they will be in the kit.

It was funny seeing the shop opening up VR.org to check carb sync info.

Open for discussion.

The only time mine made popping sounds is when there was a exhaust leak. Now, question, was it popping before the carb sink? If not I would question the competence of the job and maybe a redo. :2cents:

No it was not popping at all. The occasional backfire from it but seldom.

This guy not only I but the local riding community has confidence in and he has set it up in the past as well.

I will hook up my syc on the weekend.

If you do find that you need the AF O rings I found some universal ones at NAPA that have been great. Even the best tech can have an off day, I concur on checking the synch and make sure carbs are fully seated in the intake boots. I often readjust the AF screws after a synch if its anything south of crisp and snappy.

Yes, it is funny that one dealer said I could not get a matching pair but the other dealer had no problem doing 888

My Commander II should've come in today. I tried to find the 888 before I ordered it. I could only find the 888 in a 130 series.