IGNORED

Super Beta Prostate

BlueSky

Since a few of us are not so young any more and prostate problems usually accompany aging males I thought I would pass along my thoughts on Super Beta Prostate. I've been taking it for a couple weeks once a day and it seems to be helping. Sometimes when I get up in the morning I have difficulties in getting a stream going. The Super Beta Prostate surely does appear to be helping. :2cents:

Since a few of us are not so young any more and prostate problems usually accompany aging males I thought I would pass along my thoughts on Super Beta Prostate. I've been taking it for a couple weeks once a day and it seems to be helping. Sometimes when I get up in the morning I have difficulties in getting a stream going. The Super Beta Prostate surely does appear to be helping. :2cents:

Your right about the age thing, and there are a lot of products on the market to keep the prostrate under control. Super Beta is one that been around for quite a while and it's an over the counter Herbal concoction. I used to hear about it a lot on those Sunday morning health infomercials before giving up on AM radio. You know the ones where they give away free bottles of whatever they're pedaling just for shipping charges... And everyone touts their's as being the answer to what ails you. If I took them all I'd live forever... Then they get you hooked and prices start rising. I've been taking Tamsulosin, which is a prescription drug made to reduce the size of the prostate. I have no idea what's in it, but it seems to work. Miss a day and things start slowing down. Take it and it's like a cow pissin' on a flat rock... :-) The cost isn't that bad either. The one thing all of us O.F.'s need to do is get checked out by a Doc to make sure the enlargement isn't caused by Cancer. A simple PSA blood test will let you know if things are getting out of control. This is the bullet that super beta dodges. Guys don't know if the reason is caused by old age...or something else... My 2¢ IMHO

I took tamulosin for maybe 9 months but it started to affect my vision which is one of the possible side effects. I was working at the time and after sitting at my computer for a good while and then getting up, I had trouble focusing my eyes. So, I quit taking it. More recently, I tried it again for a while and the vision side effect happened much quicker. I also noticed the second time that it affected my libido too. So, for me, no more tamulosin.

I took tamulosin for maybe 9 months but it started to affect my vision which is one of the possible side effects. I was working at the time and after sitting at my computer for a good while and then getting up, I had trouble focusing my eyes. So, I quit taking it. More recently, I tried it again for a while and the vision side effect happened much quicker. I also noticed the second time that it affected my libido too. So, for me, no more tamulosin.

Yep...me too. So when the vision get's blurry, and the libido goes south... I go take a nap... :-) It seems like everything we take now days has more side effects than what we're taking them for.. Or... the cure is worse than the disease....

I hope the younger guys are listening, any man that lives long enough will have some enlarement and the symptoms that come with it. I was taking lyrica to treat fibromyalgia and the SE I got was interupted prostate function, besides not being effective for its intended use it was most uneasant and took some time to return to normal after cessation of the med. I've never tried one of these otc things but I'm thinking it may be about time to consider one. Im glad to hear who has had what luck with which ones. I cant believe I'm having this conversation, sometimes we flash into a moment when we realize were getting old, dammit haha.

Your right about the age thing, and there are a lot of products on the market to keep the prostrate under control. Super Beta is one that been around for quite a while and it's an over the counter Herbal concoction. I used to hear about it a lot on those Sunday morning health infomercials before giving up on AM radio. You know the ones where they give away free bottles of whatever they're pedaling just for shipping charges... And everyone touts their's as being the answer to what ails you. If I took them all I'd live forever... Then they get you hooked and prices start rising. I've been taking Tamsulosin, which is a prescription drug made to reduce the size of the prostate. I have no idea what's in it, but it seems to work. Miss a day and things start slowing down. Take it and it's like a cow pissin' on a flat rock... :-) The cost isn't that bad either. The one thing all of us O.F.'s need to do is get checked out by a Doc to make sure the enlargement isn't caused by Cancer. A simple PSA blood test will let you know if things are getting out of control. This is the bullet that super beta dodges. Guys don't know if the reason is caused by old age...or something else... My 2¢ IMHO

:sign yeah that: I'm with you on that Condor, Tamsulosin has been a life changer, No more wet shoes:dancefool:I've taken it for about a month and I will monitor the side effects. Thanks to all who mentioned them. Be sure to see your urologist if you are having any problems and don't fear the finger!! Pee well my friends!!

The Urologist I've been going to is a woman physician"s assistant. Didn't bother me a bit to get checked.
After my last appointment the nurse came in because my PA is a woman, and she said what no prostate exam today? I was all ready to come in for your prostate exam. Of course my response was why the hell would you want to be here for my prostate exam? And she said it was to make sure the female physician assistant didn't take advantage of me! My reply? Party Killer!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Many many years ago,, like wayyy back in the 90's,, out of the kindness of his heart, my Doc of that time does a routine Prostate exam on me. Also includes the PSA on my blood tests.. Prostate felt normal to him but the PSA came back at like 1.9. Says he wants to just keep an eye on me,, peeing good at the time.. Good Doc except he has fingers that are 2 inches in diameter. Then he hires a new P.A. that is a girl = long skinny fingers.. Next scheduled Prostate exam I was asked if I minded having the P.A. do the exam = much better!!

Years passed, PSA kept climbing in tiny increments.. Three years ago Doc at U.of M. noticed a P.S.A. spike during follow-up blood tests for brain fluid leakage into my sinus cavity = sounds crazy dont it? Still peein fine,, family Doc puts me on some stuff called Saw Palmeto or something like that.. Worked fine,, dropped back down into the slightly elevated.. Then I end up getting a Pace Maker installed and the heart guy finds micro blood in my urine on a totally unrelated blood test for surgery pre-op.. Tells me he lost a good buddy to Cancer a few years ago that had something similar happening and it didnt get pursued.. Sends me to a Urologist friend of his for further exam.. Urologist redoes lots of same exam stuff.. Tells me he does feel something on the left side of the Prostate and, with slightly elevated PSA, wants to do one of those 16 pin prostate cancer pokes and a bore scope into my bladder.. Comes later with, yep,, Cancer but very very low on the "Gleason Scale". My daugher is a Doctor and a HUGE part of her work is Cancer study. She has me gather the slides from the biopsy and I send them to her.. She flies here to meet with our Urologist and to compare notes. Her and her comerades agree with the Urology peeps here = slow moving Cancer = watch and see,, no problembo..

Less than year later and my P.S.A. goes high again only this time I start having difficulty peeing. Told Tip I knew something was up.. Urologist does a routine exam = eyes light up = something definitely wrong.. Ends up being a totally unrelated to the original slow growth Prostate cancer.. This new one is doubling in size every 90 days and the size of my fist, includes areas including part of my bladder and uretor (thats the tube that hooks the bladder to the pee pee).. Cancer Doc tells me the surgery ain't open heart but close to it cause of some of the diggin they gotta do down there dealing with glands and other stuff.. I asked about putting it off for a month so I could be here for the birth of our grandson (thinking something similar to the early slow cancer) = doc says if I wait 30 days I will go from 30/70 to 50/50 scale of positive outcome.. Scheduled the surg.

Recovery was no picnic. Ended up with a collapsed lung and lots of other stuff. Cancer doc said it involved even more than they expected BUT = the original cancer on the left side of my prostate was still at the same size as it was = TOTALLY weird IMHO, but my Daughter tells me that what I experienced is part of what makes her job so difficult = many many "types" of cancer..

One of the things I noticed early on with the type I am dealing with is how fast I lost weight = in three months I had lost 58 pounds and looked like a concentration camp victim, not from lack of eating either.. I always thought weight loss connected with Cancer was from Chemo but, in this case that was not so.. Also, HUGE fatique!!

Other crazy things I can attest to related to the subject.. When I was a kid I used to love writing my name in the snow with my pee,,, I know,, probably a guy thing,, maybe just a Puc thing but just being honest.. Growing up has always been a very slow process for me so it should be no surprise when I tell you guys that even thru the years of Bow Hunting Deer here in Michigan I would stand on the edge of my tree stand at 30' off the ground and pee in the snow below and attempt to write my name = I became a professional name writing pee-err thru the years.. Something that always intrigued me about peeing was how the stream had a twist to it and it stayed a tight stream... Might sound gross and I will probably have to go back on club probation for telling you guys this but I always thought that this "pee twist" was caused by a spin device that was built into the end of my pee maker... As numerous of my life long theories, I found out thru this medical experience that my twisted pee stream theory was not correct.

I wasnt up and about long after getting gutted (first had to lose the cathedor routine, then on to keegle excerzises for daily diaper quantity reduction) and I found out my understanding of pee twisting was way off because now when I went pee the stream had no twist and was similar to going thru a large Burger King straw = more of GUSH then a stream.. Also,, because of the missing bladder material that had to be removed that was once connected to the now missing uretor tube,, I had a major reduction in bladder size (went from a quart to 2 or 3 ounces).

As one might ascertain,,, for me anyway,,, getting older and dealing with this Prostate stuff has resulted in no longer being able to write "Scott Barnhard!" in the snow like I always could.. Now I am happy to just be able to write a "!" and, probably if I was still Bow Hunting I would have to be happy with a large odd shaped "." (period)..

The end!

Many many years ago,, like wayyy back in the 90's,, out of the kindness of his heart, my Doc of that time does a routine Prostate exam on me. Also includes the PSA on my blood tests.. Prostate felt normal to him but the PSA came back at like 1.9. Says he wants to just keep an eye on me,, peeing good at the time.. Good Doc except he has fingers that are 2 inches in diameter. Then he hires a new P.A. that is a girl = long skinny fingers.. Next scheduled Prostate exam I was asked if I minded having the P.A. do the exam = much better!!

Years passed, PSA kept climbing in tiny increments.. Three years ago Doc at U.of M. noticed a P.S.A. spike during follow-up blood tests for brain fluid leakage into my sinus cavity = sounds crazy dont it? Still peein fine,, family Doc puts me on some stuff called Saw Palmeto or something like that.. Worked fine,, dropped back down into the slightly elevated.. Then I end up getting a Pace Maker installed and the heart guy finds micro blood in my urine on a totally unrelated blood test for surgery pre-op.. Tells me he lost a good buddy to Cancer a few years ago that had something similar happening and it didnt get pursued.. Sends me to a Urologist friend of his for further exam.. Urologist redoes lots of same exam stuff.. Tells me he does feel something on the left side of the Prostate and, with slightly elevated PSA, wants to do one of those 16 pin prostate cancer pokes and a bore scope into my bladder.. Comes later with, yep,, Cancer but very very low on the "Gleason Scale". My daugher is a Doctor and a HUGE part of her work is Cancer study. She has me gather the slides from the biopsy and I send them to her.. She flies here to meet with our Urologist and to compare notes. Her and her comerades agree with the Urology peeps here = slow moving Cancer = watch and see,, no problembo..

Less than year later and my P.S.A. goes high again only this time I start having difficulty peeing. Told Tip I knew something was up.. Urologist does a routine exam = eyes light up = something definitely wrong.. Ends up being a totally unrelated to the original slow growth Prostate cancer.. This new one is doubling in size every 90 days and the size of my fist, includes areas including part of my bladder and uretor (thats the tube that hooks the bladder to the pee pee).. Cancer Doc tells me the surgery ain't open heart but close to it cause of some of the diggin they gotta do down there dealing with glands and other stuff.. I asked about putting it off for a month so I could be here for the birth of our grandson (thinking something similar to the early slow cancer) = doc says if I wait 30 days I will go from 30/70 to 50/50 scale of positive outcome.. Scheduled the surg.

Recovery was no picnic. Ended up with a collapsed lung and lots of other stuff. Cancer doc said it involved even more than they expected BUT = the original cancer on the left side of my prostate was still at the same size as it was = TOTALLY weird IMHO, but my Daughter tells me that what I experienced is part of what makes her job so difficult = many many "types" of cancer..

One of the things I noticed early on with the type I am dealing with is how fast I lost weight = in three months I had lost 58 pounds and looked like a concentration camp victim, not from lack of eating either.. I always thought weight loss connected with Cancer was from Chemo but, in this case that was not so.. Also, HUGE fatique!!

Other crazy things I can attest to related to the subject.. When I was a kid I used to love writing my name in the snow with my pee,,, I know,, probably a guy thing,, maybe just a Puc thing but just being honest.. Growing up has always been a very slow process for me so it should be no surprise when I tell you guys that even thru the years of Bow Hunting Deer here in Michigan I would stand on the edge of my tree stand at 30' off the ground and pee in the snow below and attempt to write my name = I became a professional name writing pee-err thru the years.. Something that always intrigued me about peeing was how the stream had a twist to it and it stayed a tight stream... Might sound gross and I will probably have to go back on club probation for telling you guys this but I always thought that this "pee twist" was caused by a spin device that was built into the end of my pee maker... As numerous of my life long theories, I found out thru this medical experience that my twisted pee stream theory was not correct.

I wasnt up and about long after getting gutted (first had to lose the cathedor routine, then on to keegle excerzises for daily diaper quantity reduction) and I found out my understanding of pee twisting was way off because now when I went pee the stream had no twist and was similar to going thru a large Burger King straw = more of GUSH then a stream.. Also,, because of the missing bladder material that had to be removed that was once connected to the now missing uretor tube,, I had a major reduction in bladder size (went from a quart to 2 or 3 ounces).

As one might ascertain,,, for me anyway,,, getting older and dealing with this Prostate stuff has resulted in no longer being able to write "Scott Barnhard!" in the snow like I always could.. Now I am happy to just be able to write a "!" and, probably if I was still Bow Hunting I would have to be happy with a large odd shaped "." (period)..

The end!

Puc, I really really hope you heal completely and are cancer free after the surgery. We all love you, you know!

I had a major reduction in bladder size (went from a quart to 2 or 3 ounces).

The end!

Man, and I thought I had health issues... Puc you make me feel good... I once read a book by a Chinese writter titled "Yalu River" by I.P.Freeli. What I have a problem with is 'leaking'... 'Specially when I pour water or fill the coffee pot in the morning.. Pavlov's Dog. Woof!! :178:... Keep smiling.. :snow2:

I am also taking the Tamsulosin. It does help a lot, In the 3 years that I have been taking it I have not noticed any of the side effects.

I also went thru the whole range of the scare followed by all of the tests. My case was started by extreme amounts of blood coming from where it shouldn't. Looked more like tomato juice than P. This got my fun started in the ER. From there I was sent to the urologist. He used the progressive approach starting with a PSA and a finger check, the finger said my prostate was very big but felt smooth, I'll take his word for that) BUT, I rang the bell at 14.5 on the PSA. He said it could be an infection so started me on antibiotics, for 2 weeks then another PSA to see if it changed, it did, it was up to 15. So then he ordered a cystogram, that was not fun but it also found no issues.

The ER did a CT scan while I was there but they were looking more for kidney stones so I had to get another CT scan but with dye this time.

since all of that testing showed noting that could cause the blood that I was getting my doc moved on to an ultrasound, this does not sound bad till you find out just HOW they do the ultrasound. The first part sounded easy enough, take a heavy duty antibiotic to prevent infection, first it was the Urologist and my cardiologist fighting over which antibiotic to give me, the one that the urologist wanted would react with my heart meds and could stop my heart. they finally agreed on a med and it was one that had to be administered 1 hour before the procedure by forcing in in thru an IV for a half hour. I did learn a couple of hours later that I was allergic to that drug, that was its own can of worms and another trip to the ER. So they started with the ultra sound to measure the prostate and document it for future reference and while they were in there they took a dozen needle biopsy. Again everything came back negative.

This all happened over the course of a month. by this time all bleeding had stopped on its own.

After all of that It was decided that I simply have good old BPH. A normal prostate is about the size of a walnut, mine was about the size of a baseball. So he added a drug called Finasteride to my list of daily drugs. Finasteride is an interesting drug. It commonly prescribed under its common name of Rogaine. Yup the stuff to put hair back on your head. But for putting hair on your head they do 1mg at $10 per pill, for the prostate they do 5mg at $0.25 per pill. After 2 years of that one I do have a nice full head of hair.................. And my PSA went back down to a more normal 3.4, and the docs finger says that my prostate is back to a normal size. And yes the Finasteride plus Tamsulosin did help a bunch with the sequel to the Yalar River.................

After all of that It was decided that I simply have good old BPH. A normal prostate is about the size of a walnut, mine was about the size of a baseball. So he added a drug called Finasteride to my list of daily drugs. Finasteride is an interesting drug. It commonly prescribed under its common name of Rogaine. Yup the stuff to put hair back on your head. But for putting hair on your head they do 1mg at $10 per pill, for the prostate they do 5mg at $0.25 per pill. After 2 years of that one I do have a nice full head of hair.................. And my PSA went back down to a more normal 3.4, and the docs finger says that my prostate is back to a normal size. And yes the Finasteride plus Tamsulosin did help a bunch with the sequel to the Yalar River.................

Yep the same cocktail I'm on... But, the hair hasn't come back.... :confused24: