IGNORED

Weird transmission issue...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THat guy is nuttier then an Pecan Pie!!!

Now THAT made my ears ring so loud they hurt = even when I was down playin with my Grandson for Tippies Birthday yesterday!! PECAN PIE IS MY VERY VERY FAVORITE PIE OF ALL TIME!! :fatsmiley:

PLUS,, eating LOTS of Pecan Pie is HUGELY helpful in getting that center stand thing down = swing the Pecan Pie counter weight downward and POOF = cakes all dough!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

If Tweeks is having a rough day or I am standing on the side of the road staring at a flat tire (ya want a REAL center stand challenge = fully loaded scoot with a flat tire = :240:) I call upon my secret weapon = "hey Tip,, ya mind lifting up and back on that right side passenger hand rail after I feel these center stand pads touch the pavement at the same time and my eyes start to bug out :missingtooth:

Speaking of center stand techniques,, any of you lop eared Puc harrassin varmints ever had the pleasure of experiencing a Kawasaki Voyager XII's center stand?? Those scoots have the COOLEST of center stands = mechanical sissor lift of sorts = WAYYYY WAYYY COOL!! Position the stand, lower the lever and step down - easy peasy!!

On another note,, some of you's are slowly but surely getting to the point where your gonna have to do a rerun on the ol rear tire stand like Olivia had hangin on her backside - WARNING = if your old enough to know exactly what I am talking about you may be one of the varmints who are getting to that point :rotfl::stickpoke::witch_brew::moon::biker::178::happy34:

Better late than never... I haven't seen anyone mention that the shifting thing-a-mabob behind the clutch pack on 1stGens has a tendency to wear out, and in some cases fall out. They are free floating between the mounting plates. They can be replaced with a set from a 2ndGen which is much better. For some reason I can't copy the pic from the parts manual, but I could copy the listing. Anyone who has a .pfd 2Gen parts manual it's on D4. Maybe doing a Google search on the part number will get a pic from some dealers parts listing??

6 4NK-18185-00-00 . SEGMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1

7 93604-12037-00 . PIN, DOWEL . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5

Dano came up with this fix

I'm still planning to deliver a video to you all but couple of 14 hour days at work have hampered the effort. I drive an average of 35000 miles a year with my work so it's not like I'm sitting at a desk or doing labor. I thought this was interesting yesterday I was down along the Nebraska border with Kansas and drove 87 miles and I wanted to show you my mile per gallon average over those 87 miles so you might get an idea of how flat parts of Nebraska are!970d56b798f97a95737b8b5029aec687.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm still planning to deliver a video to you all but couple of 14 hour days at work have hampered the effort. I drive an average of 35000 miles a year with my work so it's not like I'm sitting at a desk or doing labor. I thought this was interesting yesterday I was down along the Nebraska border with Kansas and drove 87 miles and I wanted to show you my mile per gallon average over those 87 miles so you might get an idea of how flat parts of Nebraska are!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171012/970d56b798f97a95737b8b5029aec687.jpg

That was at 60 to 65 miles per hour with bout 4 small little towns. 2015 Optima EX

Lol that's too funny all we get is 40z on our bikes.... Kinda miss my 90mpg scooter at times

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Would love to see 40 miles per gallon on my 83! I've been lucky to hit 30. Most I've ever gotten out of a tank is 146 miles and it's left me carrying a gallon of gas in the saddlebag all the time because no gas gauge. ( another project added to the winter list.)

Would love to see 40 miles per gallon on my 83! I've been lucky to hit 30. Most I've ever gotten out of a tank is 146 miles and it's left me carrying a gallon of gas in the saddlebag all the time because no gas gauge. ( another project added to the winter list.)

You should get better than that. I get 38 to 42...depending upon winds around here. Of course, it's lower when I'm smiling and right wrist is twisted.....

Keep working through the bike...you'll get there....

Triple digits don't get ya mpg[emoji23]

Shhhh. You weren't supposed to mention that remember?

Yeah well, I didn't you just did... But neither does WOT in 1st bopping thru town at 40mph cant do that in Joplin tho..... most streets are 25

You may have worn emulsion tubes, I found leaning em down some with the metering rods to be a great help if they are.. Here are a couple threads about it all = cheap and easy to do if ya wanna play with it to get those MPG's up to par.. Both good reads in their entirety IMHO..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?103376-Jetting-adjustments-for-high-altitude-riding&highlight=metering+rods

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?86325-Carb-metering-rod-question&highlight=tweeks+metering+rods

You may have worn emulsion tubes, I found leaning em down some with the metering rods to be a great help if they are.. Here are a couple threads about it all = cheap and easy to do if ya wanna play with it to get those MPG's up to par.. Both good reads in their entirety IMHO..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?86325-Carb-metering-rod-question/page2&highlight=tweeks+metering+rods

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?103376-Jetting-adjustments-for-high-altitude-riding&highlight=metering+rods

this guy here would know what a person should get when pushing triple digits..... and beyond with mpg

Holy Moly! :bowdown:

:big-grin-emoticon:,, that was redline in 5th but not off the rev limiter,,, thinkin she coulda saw 180 bouncing it off the rev limiter... Crazy cause Maggie is a 6 speed (whole nuther round left in there) and as strong as she pull's, I honestly think she would bounce the limiter in 6th if we had the space (Tip keeps tellin me we GOTTA take er out to the Salt Flats),,,, and I wasn't such a chicken... Tellin ya Vaz,,, thing is amazing for a puny little 61 inch scooter:big-grin-emoticon:

See here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?109912-How-far-have-you-driven-on-Reserve-Fuel