IGNORED

How much for a new RSV?

stvmaier

Does anyone have any idea what a good "out the door" price should be for an '08 RSV? I've tried calling a few dealers and they ALL say "shop around, tell me your best price, and we'll beat it". Well..... if NOBODY will tell me a price untill I'm satnding in front of them with a big sack of money.... how do I shop around??!! Sorry for rambling, just a little frustrated...

any thoughts would be helpful....thanks

I bought an '07 Blue/Black in Oct I paid $13,800 plus tax. That is a model year older and the end of the season pluse there was a $500 dealer incentive. So I would think if you are in the $15,500 k range it should be competitive.

DT

I usually look at the bluebook price as if I was buying it "used". That is select the 2008 model but as a used bike with minimum mileage. That gives you the "after you left the dealer's price.

I did that when buying my 07 RSMV last summer and offered 13300. At first the dealer acted offended. But when he saw what my back looked like he saw the light and accepted.

I was happy, and he was happy - turned out this was just under 500 over his invoice!

In my experience, you should be able to get a new one for around $13,500 - $14,000. I'd start by calling Yamaha of Cucamonga (spelling may be way off) in California. They sell a lot on the internet - you can get good starting prices right off their web site. Work your best deal delivered with them, and then use that as a starting point for local negotiations. If nobody gets close, close the deal you started! :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

BTW - my 05 is just about back on the road, so I'm probably gonna be selling my 07 BlueTwo soon. About 14,000 miles and lots of extras

I would say around $13,500

Go to Cycle Trader.com and get the lowest price for a new one and start there.

I was going to fly one way to Ohio to get my 2007, but I found one about 60 miles from home at just a bit more $... Like $13,700 before tax and tag........

Good luck and let us know what you pay!!!!!

BTW you can have my 2007 for $13,500...

Or my 1950 Harley FL for $18,000.