IGNORED

2nd Gen Mounting Electronics.

bugfish69

I want to mount my GPS and Sirius and I have reviewed the Ram mounts that come highly recommended in the post and they are nice, but it seems to be too much stuff on the bars. I wanted to make use it the dash space where the front speakers are. Is anyone using the speaker vents to mount Sirius or GPS?

I have seen vent mount for use in the cage. Is anyone making use of that method?

Thanks,

Bug

I have a GPS mounted on my handlebars with a Ram mount. It isn't cumbersome at all and rock solid. They are terrific. I use my GPS for my tunes, so I have no XM or Sirius. My only worry would be that the vent mounts I've seen are a bit flimsy. That's ok in a cage, but I wouldn't want to put my $400-$600 GPS or any other electonics on the pavement! :2cents: :080402gudl_prv:

What squid said. I have the Hoon Hardware mount for my xm on the brake resevoir. Works great. I also mounted my garage door opener beside my antenna. Plenty of room. I then use the RAM mount for my GPS with the extension to place it almost in my field of view.

What squid said. I have the Hoon Hardware mount for my xm on the brake resevoir. Works great. I also mounted my garage door opener beside my antenna. Plenty of room. I then use the RAM mount for my GPS with the extension to place it almost in my field of view.

This is what I have also. I tried the speaker grills they don't work. Too flimsy and the grills are to thick. The XM shook all over the place.

• 5 months later...
Guest five-ate

I tried to hook up my Sirius to my venture and got no power. There is power to the test light, but the unit doesn't light up. I messed with it for about 5 hours over two days and got nothing. Is there a secret that I don't know about?

I used a mount from TSS Radio.... mounts on the brake or clutch bracket..... works very well, comes with antenna and everthing that you need, might have to extend the antenna bracket a little bit, I can take my sirrus from the truck to bike anytime I want, the docking station stays on the bike

I tried to hook up my Sirius to my venture and got no power. There is power to the test light, but the unit doesn't light up. I messed with it for about 5 hours over two days and got nothing. Is there a secret that I don't know about?

You had power(voltage), are you sure you had a ground on the power wire also? Probe the inner barrel to the outer barrel with a test light. What do you have? Are you sure the center is positive?

Where did you try and get the power from?