IGNORED

What LED Headlight bulb

now that the Broview S5 is no longer available, has anyone got a suggestion on another H4\9003 LED headlight bulb? While I'm at it may as well do the passing lamps too.
Go to http://www.customizethatride.com. venture Steve sells them .a H4 bulb . Has fan built in. $59.00 shipped to your door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys but all those links DO NOT have the Broview S5 H4/9003 with the braided heat sink.

Don, what do you mean by "light dispersal" ? Also how is the cut off & hi beam?

My current HID is starting to cut off and on, so I need to do something with it and One of my passing lamps has a burned out PIAA Extreme H3 so LED replacements will be needed there too. Both these lamp problems cropped up at nearly the same time, go figure.

Don, what do you mean by "light dispersal" ? Also how is the cut off & hi beam?

I was initially thinking beam angle. On my passing lights it is an 8 degree (narrow) beam and I was thinking "dispersal" was beam angle. Switching from low to high you can see the difference. Still...from my experience with LED bulbs (first one was from AliExpress but caused radio interference) the light thrown from the bulb/bucket is very wide. I am glad I have the GE H7616 bulbs in my passing light to focus a narrower beam.

As for cut-off, I aimed my headlight and there is a "top" to the low beam to aim but it isn't as defined as with say a normal bulb. Very bright bulb (2500 lumens as opposed to most of the other ones at 2000 lumens). As with most LED bulbs I had to remove the rubber boot on the back of the headlight bucket but no other alterations.

I have these and really like them.

https://www.ebay.com/i/282559788361

I'd have gone that route except I did not want to have to cut up the stock headlamp assembly. I bought and installed the Xprite LED passing lamps and am waiting on delivery of the Broview S5 LED bulb.

I installed the Xprite's last night , I had to grind about 3/16" off the yamaha passing lamp edge to get enough of the trim ring to grip the Yamaha passing lamp bucket. The Xprite bezel was just a bit to thick with the Yamaha light visor to get the trime ring past the emboss on the light bucket. I am happy with the increased light output. Had to make 3 adjustments to the aim and may do it again.

Could Yamaha have made it any more difficult to adjust the passing lamps :doh:

The LED headlights came today, I ordered them from Searchwellness.com link that Leo posted. They advertised the Broview S5 as in stock. Today the package arrived and it is the S7, not the advertised S5. So if you are wanting the S5 Do Not order from them.

Since I have tĺphese I'm going to try it out, I'll let everyone know how it fits and works. Here is what it looks like.

75aacab8b771f6f087c5ff93b0b812c7.jpgcab455de84ece93a314325bf1b43b0a7.jpg1ece450539719909d1b1281a795818ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not your fault Leo, no worries. I just wanted to let others not to expect the S5. Ordered it Friday and it was at my door this afternoon.

Just got back from a test ride and it's a big improvement over the HID. I still need to tweek the adjustments, beam is a bit high on the left so I need to pull the bulb and clock it a little CCW. I think once it's dialed in it will be a nice upgrade. Hope it lasts.

Heres a few pic, tried to show clearance of fan. Plenty room.9cac548f0009e203fd7cef6b5ac6bcda.jpg1e4a23661ad1f55816d00e285eb66919.jpgabb50a53270af8f97c302dfc6917274e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk