IGNORED

02 venture, mayday, tecumacari, nm

How to have a heart attack.

Ups tracking was showing a message about a flight delay but it ahould arrive today but possibly late. The website had not updated from Albuquerque since 5am, it just updated and I nearly had a cardiac, it showed arribal scan of Las Vegas.... It took me a serving to focus on the phone screen ti see it wad las Vegas, nm and not Nevada. So it's moving this way and judging the time between Albuquerque departures and the scan at Vegas it's still moving on a plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does remind me that I need ti check the tail light, I had put an led 1157 replacement in the taillight, couldn't believe the increased tail light and license plate illumination, Neff ti check out to make sure that is still working before I get on the road

well you made me nerve about running around. Bought a 16.00 one to haul around with me just in case. It may not last long but maybe get me home. Don't know why it was so cheep. Bought off ebay and that was with shipping. All the other ones were a lot higher. But its just going to get beat around in bottom of side bag. :yikes: Every thing else has acted up so I'm prepaired

Yeah, regulator was in back of my mind as a potential problem down road, I just didn't expect to get to that stop sign in the middle of nowhere.

I put 400 miles on the bike today, trading the state roads back home been in U.S. 54 all day-to-day note in pratt Kansas for the night.

If I were to put a finger on when the regulator blew, on the ride today I thought of something.

August 21, ok road down to cave in rock Illinois to watch the eclipse. On the way back the 3 hour ride took 6 hours and several hours wss in stop and go idling barely moving. Temps were in the 90s and the radiator fan was running a lot.

I was worried then about the extended idling running the battery down.

Maybe that contributed to its demise or accelerated it.

My mood is much better today.

Oh. I bought a new ratchet set, u joint to get ti the regulator bolts, I spent a lot of time Monday and Tuesday winning around farm supply stores, . Kmart and hardware stores.

I could of saved myself some money, I spotted and ended up buying one of those small side post battery ratchet wrenches that has a 10mm and 5/32? Socket.

It fit easily up to tighten the bolts even the left one that the radiator kind of block's

With the new regulstor I had no problem using that. The oem regulator. The bolts sit a little lower with the guns and I had initially used the big ratchet. The battery wrench fits in the tooky bag a lot easier though.

And just a final note from myself,. Made it home this evening after a long +700 mile day. I left Pratt, Kansas this morning and avoided interstates for the first half of trip so it was a long day, but my venture has regained my trust.

And just a final note from myself,. Made it home this evening after a long +700 mile day. I left Pratt, Kansas this morning and avoided interstates for the first half of trip so it was a long day, but my venture has regained my trust.

Happy to hear you made it. :thumbsup: