IGNORED

This is what happens when you air up your tires

stanG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desire? Gimme a bed and a memorable day trip! I'm not as hard boiled as some.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ya know what Ty,, I wayyyy hear that brother!! The worst off I get physically and the older I get,, the window of tolerance to little things like weather changes seems to be getting narrower and narrower.. For me though the desire and love for the open road = camping behind gas stations or out on the prairie - spending 16 hours in the saddle being a normal day - speeding up to stay dry in a really good rain and all that is the same as it always has been but this physical body stuff - not so much.. I keep remembering hearing people say things like "I cant wait till I get older and retire so I can go out and do that kind of stuff".. Now that I am at that retirement age - when I think of that I shake my head and say to myself - I am SOOOOOO glad I did it all when I was younger cause there is NO WAY I could even begin to do it now - almost time to unplug it, sell/give away all the bike stuff,, get that 4x4 and make the change.. Gonna be different around our area,,,,, maybe I will keep my R1 just to go out and :guitarist 2::stirthepot: with the youngens and keep the heart pumpin though :cool10:

16 hour days?!? What are you 100? I'm sure if I rode that hard I could sleep on a bed of nails behind a gas station under a dripping water faucet

When ya tent camp while CTFW - ya tend to ride sun up till sun down cause the sun will bake ya if ya try to camp while the sun is up - make sense? Probably not,, I know,, I get hard to follow sometimes.. Their is what I call "Magic Hour" which is the last hour of the normal day after being in the saddle all day - its a time when that sweet smelling sweat shirt (made sweet by the magical odor that permiates the fabric from cooking inside of the glass clam shells during the hot ride day) gets put on and the memories of really good ride are bouncing around in your head.. Then, as soon as its dark and ya cant see the hills or prairie no more its time to look for a place to drop the tent.. Usually by 1 a.m. we are counting the Harleys we passed during the day as we drift off to sleep.. It's wayyy easier now to find camp spots with all the cell towers being up.. All ya gotta do is look for the little red flashing light wayyyy out there somewhere and ride to it.. Ya cant camp inside their fenced areas but their driveways are ALWAYS open to camp on.. Lots of times the fun isnt over even after darkeness sets in.. Here's a short vid of one of those times after a good 17 hour day of riding :hihi:

Ok Puc I may need the suit back. VOGEL IS COMING.

Tip washed it, hung er up to dry,, got her in the mail earlier today brother!! Track number is 9505 5121 2688 7227 1054 39 USPS - please let me know when it arrives - should be there by day after tomorrow.. Looking wayyyy forward to seeing you flying the cape at Vogel Superman/DragonSlayer and THANK YOU for loaning the suit to us - WORKED AWESOME!!

What an amazing accomplice you have there! You are making me consider more aspects and talents of this big old '83 when I get her road (Or might have been a road)-worthy. Fire trails? With a passenger? Desert night's? Cell towers! Like truckers looking for a Wal-Mart? We have a lot of those out here. Didn't know I wouldn't get arrested!

What an amazing accomplice you have there! You are making me consider more aspects and talents of this big old '83 when I get her road (Or might have been a road)-worthy. Fire trails? With a passenger? Desert night's? Cell towers! Like truckers looking for a Wal-Mart? We have a lot of those out here. Didn't know I wouldn't get arrested!

Here is a shot you might enjoy of the morning after the lost hat incident Ty - indeed, that Tippy is sweetheart...

Speaking of not knowing one wouldnt get arrested, many many years ago while traveling out to Sturgis on my 1st 1st Gen with my second born daughter in tow - been a while cause she was only 8 years old - we came upon a small airplane flying along "90"' We cruised up beside it and paced it - my little girl and the pilot started sharing waves back n forth.. As we pulled off the highway to get fuel, the pilot banked the bird - landed on the prairie and idled over to the gas pumps to fill his plane.. He walked over to admire our scoot and we chatted about what in tarnation he was doing landing a plane like that.. He fessed up that he was in fact an LEO and was monitoring that section of roadway for bikers with issues.. After looking at our scoot and noticing how we were packed up (then as now) he asked where we were camping for the night.. I sheepishly said,, I dont usually admit this to Cops but, for years and years of coming out here - I just drop the tent on the prairie or under and abandoned gas station over hang if it looks rainy and cop some zzz's.. He chuckled and then informed me that people have long forgotten that South Dakota - like most western states - are "open camp" states. Then he pointed to the prairie beside the gas station and said "that land is as much yours as it is the farmers who hay it - unless its fenced - you can camp on it freely.. Pretty cool eay?

My home state of Michigan is exactly that way also and LOTS of folks have forgotten that.. State n Federal lands belong to "we the people" here in the States. There is no such thing as an intenty being the "State" or "Federal" being that owns the land and Michigan has always been an open state just like the officer was trying to explain to me about South Dakota. It used to be that Deer Season from here in my area in mid Michigan all the way to the Mackinaw bridge consisted of thousands of people hooking onto their trailers and heading for the lands they owned (people make up "State" and "Federal" intity) to camp on (for NO charge) and hunt on... Deer Season use to be HUGE here.. Now adays,, people come to the "State Park" here in my back yard on Lake Michigan and "camp".. It looks like a city here during the summer time and you know what - most of those people dont know that they could drive a few miles to State Land that they own - set up camp and not have neighbors an arm length from the side of their trailer.. I always found this kind of strange but never - until that officer in South Dakota informed me of it - did I even consider how it applies to other States - pretty cool too cause we go 48 of them puppies down here in the lower 48 - lots and lots of great open camp camp grounds out there brother...

Wow, could I benefit from a few campfires with you two. It's obvious by the sheer amount of hours that you can keep yourself entertained in the saddle per day that you get to do some ruminatin' when most common men don't know how to think for more than a 30 second sound bite. Stay safe Brother. You're a treasure.

Tip washed it, hung er up to dry,, got her in the mail earlier today brother!! Track number is 9505 5121 2688 7227 1054 39 USPS - please let me know when it arrives - should be there by day after tomorrow.. Looking wayyyy forward to seeing you flying the cape at Vogel Superman/DragonSlayer and THANK YOU for loaning the suit to us - WORKED AWESOME!!

You are more than welcome. You wore it well as promised and it was well worth the entertainment value from this end. Hope I can make you as proud.

Here is a shot you might enjoy of the morning after the lost hat incident Ty - indeed, that Tippy is sweetheart...

Speaking of not knowing one wouldnt get arrested, many many years ago while traveling out to Sturgis on my 1st 1st Gen with my second born daughter in tow - been a while cause she was only 8 years old - we came upon a small airplane flying along "90"' We cruised up beside it and paced it - my little girl and the pilot started sharing waves back n forth.. As we pulled off the highway to get fuel, the pilot banked the bird - landed on the prairie and idled over to the gas pumps to fill his plane.. He walked over to admire our scoot and we chatted about what in tarnation he was doing landing a plane like that.. He fessed up that he was in fact an LEO and was monitoring that section of roadway for bikers with issues.. After looking at our scoot and noticing how we were packed up (then as now) he asked where we were camping for the night.. I sheepishly said,, I dont usually admit this to Cops but, for years and years of coming out here - I just drop the tent on the prairie or under and abandoned gas station over hang if it looks rainy and cop some zzz's.. He chuckled and then informed me that people have long forgotten that South Dakota - like most western states - are "open camp" states. Then he pointed to the prairie beside the gas station and said "that land is as much yours as it is the farmers who hay it - unless its fenced - you can camp on it freely.. Pretty cool eay?

My home state of Michigan is exactly that way also and LOTS of folks have forgotten that.. State n Federal lands belong to "we the people" here in the States. There is no such thing as an intenty being the "State" or "Federal" being that owns the land and Michigan has always been an open state just like the officer was trying to explain to me about South Dakota. It used to be that Deer Season from here in my area in mid Michigan all the way to the Mackinaw bridge consisted of thousands of people hooking onto their trailers and heading for the lands they owned (people make up "State" and "Federal" intity) to camp on (for NO charge) and hunt on... Deer Season use to be HUGE here.. Now adays,, people come to the "State Park" here in my back yard on Lake Michigan and "camp".. It looks like a city here during the summer time and you know what - most of those people dont know that they could drive a few miles to State Land that they own - set up camp and not have neighbors an arm length from the side of their trailer.. I always found this kind of strange but never - until that officer in South Dakota informed me of it - did I even consider how it applies to other States - pretty cool too cause we go 48 of them puppies down here in the lower 48 - lots and lots of great open camp camp grounds out there brother...

If you or any other ventureriders ever find their way down to my neck of the woods you are always welcome to pitch a tent on my little twenty acres of paradise.

If you or any other ventureriders ever find their way down to my neck of the woods you are always welcome to pitch a tent on my little twenty acres of paradise.

Not me,,,, I aint sleepin in no tent at your place,, no sireee,,, I am gonna cop some zzz'ss on your couch but only after I dig around in that freezer in your garage, dig out those tee bones your hiding in there,, dump some of that charcoal you got hidin from me in the corner of the garage into your grill,, strike a match and thaw the steaks on the grill while the those coals get hot.. Then I am gonna search thru those cupboards and find a tater,, wash it and stick in the micro till its soft and HOT!! Then I am gonna peel the steaks off the grill with just the right amount of blood still running off em, slice open the tater on the dog dish I am using for a plate so I aint gotta wash no dishes (my mama didnt raise no dummy) and let the steak grease soak into the bottom of the tater to add some flavor to it.. Then I am gonna dig around in your fridge and find some butter,, plop a glob of it on the tater,, salt the whole mess to perfection and CHOW down... Then I am gonna go back to your couch - lay down and when you come stubblin out of your bedroom where you was snoring in your Superman outfit,, look at me with that funny look on your face like I been up to something I will look back at you and say,,,, "what"..... You will be so tired from dreaming about being Superman that you wont even notice the toothpick I sticking out of my mouth that I stole from that little jar sittin on your counter next to your stove..

The End

Not me,,,, I aint sleepin in no tent at your place,, no sireee,,, I am gonna cop some zzz'ss on your couch but only after I dig around in that freezer in your garage, dig out those tee bones your hiding in there,, dump some of that charcoal you got hidin from me in the corner of the garage into your grill,, strike a match and thaw the steaks on the grill while the those coals get hot.. Then I am gonna search thru those cupboards and find a tater,, wash it and stick in the micro till its soft and HOT!! Then I am gonna peel the steaks off the grill with just the right amount of blood still running off em, slice open the tater on the dog dish I am using for a plate so I aint gotta wash no dishes (my mama didnt raise no dummy) and let the steak grease soak into the bottom of the tater to add some flavor to it.. Then I am gonna dig around in your fridge and find some butter,, plop a glob of it on the tater,, salt the whole mess to perfection and CHOW down... Then I am gonna go back to your couch - lay down and when you come stubblin out of your bedroom where you was snoring in your Superman outfit,, look at me with that funny look on your face like I been up to something I will look back at you and say,,,, "what"..... You will be so tired from dreaming about being Superman that you wont even notice the toothpick I sticking out of my mouth that I stole from that little jar sittin on your counter next to your stove..

The End

Puc,

In your case, you'll betcha. You and Tip will have exclusive access to the air conditioned presidential suite with a direct view of the back yard bon fire pit and the luscious green meadows where the white tail roam. Tweeksis will have her own place inside the garage right next to the work bench just in case she needs any tire spooning. Cooking won't be necessary since I will have my personal chef cook up whatever you heart desires. Don't worry about the dishes either since we got a machine for that.

We can sit out on the front, back or side decks, sip mint tulips and watch the wildlife run by an listen to the roosters crow. If'n you want we can pop off a few rounds on the rifle range or hunt doves, rabbits, opossum, armadillos, Foxes, squirrels, Fox squirrels, white tails, crows or buzzards. If hunting ain't your thing there's fishing, riding, bowling and drinkin. We can always go to the Elks or the Eagles club where they will treat you like traveling royalty not only because your MY friend but you are SUPERMAN. At the club we can dance, sing karaoke, get on stage and play with the band and drink. Bingo, pool and video gambling is also available if you like that sort of thing. If your still board there is always the new Falcons football stadium, New Braves Stadium, Aquarium, Ferris wheel, Stone Mountain and everything else Atlanta has to offer just a hop, skip and holler away. But it better be soon if you want to see the carving on Stone Mountain since them loud mouth protesters are currently trying to erase the history of the south. We can even go look at the concrete bridge that burned down if you really want to.

COME ON DOWN WHENEVER YOU GET THE NOTION. It ain't nothing to take time off work to show you around the place.

There is just something I need to know. Have y'all ever been to Ranchero Hacienda at LITTLE PARADISE before? How did you know I have a refrigerator in the garage with TBones, a fresh sack of taters and toothpicks next to the stove?

Did I mention drinkin?

Puc,

In your case, you'll betcha. You and Tip will have exclusive access to the air conditioned presidential suite with a direct view of the back yard bon fire pit and the luscious green meadows where the white tail roam. Tweeksis will have her own place inside the garage right next to the work bench just in case she needs any tire spooning. Cooking won't be necessary since I will have my personal chef cook up whatever you heart desires. Don't worry about the dishes either since we got a machine for that.

We can sit out on the front, back or side decks, sip mint tulips and watch the wildlife run by an listen to the roosters crow. If'n you want we can pop off a few rounds on the rifle range or hunt doves, rabbits, opossum, armadillos, Foxes, squirrels, Fox squirrels, white tails, crows or buzzards. If hunting ain't your thing there's fishing, riding, bowling and drinkin. We can always go to the Elks or the Eagles club where they will treat you like traveling royalty not only because your MY friend but you are SUPERMAN. At the club we can dance, sing karaoke, get on stage and play with the band and drink. Bingo, pool and video gambling is also available if you like that sort of thing. If your still board there is always the new Falcons football stadium, New Braves Stadium, Aquarium, Ferris wheel, Stone Mountain and everything else Atlanta has to offer just a hop, skip and holler away. But it better be soon if you want to see the carving on Stone Mountain since them loud mouth protesters are currently trying to erase the history of the south. We can even go look at the concrete bridge that burned down if you really want to.

COME ON DOWN WHENEVER YOU GET THE NOTION. It ain't nothing to take time off work to show you around the place.

There is just something I need to know. Have y'all ever been to Ranchero Hacienda at LITTLE PARADISE before? How did you know I have a refrigerator in the garage with TBones, a fresh sack of taters and toothpicks next to the stove?

Did I mention drinkin?

OK...looks like I have a destination. Cowpuc, let me know when you are going...I'll join ya!

Did I mention drinkin?

Hell if he had said that to me I would have thought he had been in my house.... cpt I ain't got a couch but got a nice back porch covered and pretty sure tweeksis could set between the garage and the porch under a roof when i get that on... I have actually thought of getting me one of them cushy lawn chairs and sleeping out on the back porch...

This Couch on the front porch is as close to camping as I get these days. I'll bring some real Omaha Steaks of your choice and sleep on an ant hill if I can crash that gig! Once yet-to-be-named 83 is up to the trip!5cff616cfd200d5d3f713186862235a7.jpg

Puc,

Did I mention drinkin?

TOTALLY 100% AWESOME BOB - SOUNDS LIKE A RIOT!!!!!:thumbsup:

On the "have you ever been" note,,, didnt have to... Did you not notice the teeny tiny zoom knob under the left arm of your Superman suit when you tried it on??? I was bouncing and zooming that xray vision off all kinds of cell towers and even some space debris when I had it... See,,, thats the problem with that kind of thing,, alllll these ney sayers telling ya it looked wrong and stuff - got cha all rattled so ya didnt even look the suit over real closely... Thats one of the REAL advantages to really not caring what it looks like or what others think - Superman was more of function over form kinda guy.. Betcha if you look closely you will even find other little knobs hidden on that puppy as the REAL Superman and rightful owner of the REAL suit!!!

On the "have you ever been" note,,, didnt have to... Did you not notice the teeny tiny zoom knob under the left arm of your Superman suit when you tried it on??? I was bouncing and zooming that xray vision off all kinds of cell towers and even some space debris when I had it... See,,, thats the problem with that kind of thing,, alllll these ney sayers telling ya it looked wrong and stuff - got cha all rattled so ya didnt even look the suit over real closely... Thats one of the REAL advantages to really not caring what it looks like or what others think - Superman was more of function over form kinda guy.. Betcha if you look closely you will even find other little knobs hidden on that puppy as the REAL Superman and rightful owner of the REAL suit!!!

DANG Puc,

Now you got me worried on what else you might a seen. While I wore the suit I did all kinds of thing I don't usually post on the internet.

Hell if he had said that to me I would have thought he had been in my house.... cpt I ain't got a couch but got a nice back porch covered and pretty sure tweeksis could set between the garage and the porch under a roof when i get that on... I have actually thought of getting me one of them cushy lawn chairs and sleeping out on the back porch...

We got rocking chairs on our porch.

I just thought those teeny tiny knobs were lint balls.

This Couch on the front porch is as close to camping as I get these days. I'll bring some real Omaha Steaks of your choice and sleep on an ant hill if I can crash that gig! Once yet-to-be-named 83 is up to the trip!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170817/5cff616cfd200d5d3f713186862235a7.jpg

Couch looks very similar to the one in my primary hunting stand. Come on down the more the merrier.

IMG_20161222_072625.jpg

IMG_20161222_073825.jpg