IGNORED

Vancouver to Toronto Train

Aussie Annie

Hi folks,

We boarded last night to find we had no wifi on board the train :yikes: We have just arrived an hour late to Jasper, Alberta....and we have an hour stopover.

So here we sit in a Tim Horton's using their wifi and having a coffee :-)

So, may not hear much from us, but the Aussies are okay :australia:

Hi folks,

We boarded last night to find we had no wifi on board the train :yikes: We have just arrived an hour late to Jasper, Alberta....and we have an hour stopover.

So here we sit in a Tim Horton's using their wifi and having a coffee :-)

So, may not hear much from us, but the Aussies are okay :australia:

Good idea to miss the boring prairies but you will also miss out some really nice riding through the best part of Canadian Shield on the north shore of Lake Superior. They are the oldest mountains in North America that once were also the highest until the glaciers got to them and ground them down to almost rolling hills that are still very rugged hence the good biking roads.

Good idea to miss the boring prairies but you will also miss out some really nice riding through the best part of Canadian Shield on the north shore of Lake Superior. They are the oldest mountains in North America that once were also the highest until the glaciers got to them and ground them down to almost rolling hills that are still very rugged hence the good biking roads.
Actally I found the prairies very interesting when I drove through them. But that was probably because it was the 1st time after that it would get boring.

Actally I found the prairies very interesting when I drove through them. But that was probably because it was the 1st time after that it would get boring.
Have never ridden a bike through the prairies but was working in Prince Albert Sask and decided to go to Expo 67 in Montreal. I thought it was deadly when the road in front of me was straight as an arrow and could be seen disappearing over the horizon not to mention the only relief from almost flat was the occasional grain silo. After Winterpeg it got a little more interesting and then got really good after Thunder Bay. There has got to be some decent rides there somewhere but I didn't see them.

Well, what a hoot!! Had to stop for so many freight trains that most of the stops ended up being in the middle of the night, or early hours. Train was due in Toronto Saturday morning..... we got in at 5.45pm Saturday evening!!

Well leave to the Torontoians! They were told that Aussie Annie was on her way done, but they didn't find out til later that Quickstep was also on the way. Takes time to get things ready for the extra,, soooo, slow the train and blame it on CN.

Have a good night!