IGNORED

07 chirp?

Guest rugeroid

A good set of loud pipes will fix any noise you do not desire...

Dok

:stirthepot:

Sorry but you are wrong! I switched to BUBs that have about 2/3 of the baffles left, and I took off the windshield to further stop the noise from reverberating off the shield. With the original clutch basket, at 70 mph, I could hear the SCREAM far far louder than the pipes and the wind combined!

I know that all XVZ v-four riders hear a bit of it, and many folks here think that the few that get a really bad one are just whining about that little sound, but when you get a real screamer the bike is almost unusable. I had people standing 200 yards away when I entered and left work and they made it a point to tell me I had something wrong with my bike!

The "I" basket, which I understand is polished 1 micron further than the "H" basket, fixed about 80 to 90 percent of it. Amsoil blotted the rest....

Bob LeDuc

Calgary, Alberta

• 2 weeks later...

I have 7000+ on my 07 and I have not noticed any whine when traveling at any speed.

I did have the dealer place additional grease as I did hear a dry sound a low speeds when I had less than 1000 miles on it.

Buy one. You won't regret it.

Hey Salty,

Too late! Already have obtained Jardine billet wheels for the RSTD. HD Tour-Pak and Radio Caddy batwing fairing are in transit. Gonna bring it up to full dresser trim.....

I probably should have bought the Venture but I didn't and if I try to sell my 1 year old 2006 RSTD I'll get scr*w*d (with no kiss) so am going to grow my own using the parts Robin and I choose...

I sure would try the Amsoil in your much quieter Venture that was also a screamer until you finally got the "I" basket. It absolutely 100 percent erased the much-diminished-but-still-there-scream, it's hard for me to believe and I rode it 340 kM on January 25th so the memory is pretty fresh!

Cheers,

Bob

Bob,

I would suggest that you try looking here: http://forums.delphiforums.com/ultrastar/start

But, I suppose you might have already

Dog

• 2 months later...
Guest DREBBIN

My 07 most definitely sounds like George Jetson's car.

I am considering an 07 rstd. I owned an 05, and traded it for a roadliner. I love the roadliner for what it is, but miss the rstd, and will probably buy another one. My question is, are the new ones coming with the I basket to squelch the whine/chirp that is so common? I changed the basket on my 05 with fair results, but do not want to go thru the hassel over again on another one. My dealer was great, and took care of it no problem, but it is still a hassel. Its to cold now to test ride the 07, and a ride will tell the story. Just wondering what you all know about this. If the 07 bikes are still chirping, someone at Yamaha needs an AXX-KICKING!!!!

Guest redrs

I have an 07 RSTD and the chirping didn't start until it had 200 miles on her. Is at the dealer now for her 600 mile check-up and he's changing out the H basket to an I basket . Hope that takes care of it since when it started it really started!:)