A while back I was riding an 80 Goldwing with a Windjammer on it. One of the things that I really loved about the Jammer was that you could access pockets on fly and I was able to mount my phone over the gas cap cover. I don't see how to get access 2 pocket of say a cigar or pack of cigarettes or where do you mount the phone so you can see it or GPS and pick music? Where do you put a piece of candy or something that you can get to without parking first?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A while back I was riding an 80 Goldwing with a Windjammer on it. One of the things that I really loved about the Jammer was that you could access pockets on fly and I was able to mount my phone over the gas cap cover. I don't see how to get access 2 pocket of say a cigar or pack of cigarettes or where do you mount the phone so you can see it or GPS and pick music? Where do you put a piece of candy or something that you can get to without parking first?

I maybe understand candy but don't get smoking a cig while riding a motorcycle...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

It's a curse. I also put a water bottle holder where I can reach it.

I used to smoke but still don't see how to smoke cigarette while riding any kind of bike... I have seen it but never figured it out..

The windjammer in it's original configuration had a huge safety label that screamed "Do Not Attempt to Access Storage While Operating Motorcycle!"

I feel for ya though. With my controls set the way I like them, I can hardly get the "glove box" open when I'm parked. And there's no way to manipulate the radio controls on the move. Not that the radio works on my First Gen.

I used to smoke but still don't see how to smoke cigarette while riding any kind of bike... I have seen it but never figured it out..

The cig' s have warning labels too but...

When out touring I use a tank bag for easy access to certain things (wallet, food). I have RAM mounts on the clutch & brake levers where I run the GPS & Phones but you can just as easily add a cup holder to the ram mounts.

I guess I don't know what a RAM mount is

I guess I don't know what a RAM mount is

I installed a RAM mount to hold my iPhone. Holds the phone very securely on the roughest of roads. The downside is that it's hard to see except in the darkest of days, and vibration doesn't help. Fortunately, I'm able to connect to the iPhone via my wireless headset, so more often than not I just toss the phone in the dash compartment and go by sound.

IMG_0544.jpg

I'm a, "sure it ain't pretty but it does exactly what need it to do." kinda guy. The tub inside my left side has been modified at least 3 times. It's little more than a frame at this point. Been scrubbing plastic parts while the bike is with a mechanic. Lots of cracks to mend. I'm starting wonder if I can turn my Bluetooth up over the rattling that all that plastic must make?

Have you ever considered mounting it over the fuse box and Battery or 4 inches or so closer to you?

I considered that area to be too far away to be useful for a GPS. is one of the main reasons why I have never been in favour of OEM GPS setups which are too hard to see/focus on so they are a considerable distraction for anyone who does not have perfect vision.

If you look about a third of the way down the link I gave you, you will see an X-grip mount like in the photo on here but at a better angle. There is a double ended clamp (pivots at both ends) that is about 4" long that does allow the device to be adjusted closer and much higher when mounted on the handlebars. Worked great because it is closer to line of sight so your head doesn't have to be so far down.

The new slipstream windshield arrived. I know I saw a link about plastic repair I thought I saved it I can't find it anywhere. Someone have that link handy? Also , can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't use white Flex Seal to spray the inside of my headlight mount for more light?