IGNORED

Have you ever had one of these days/weekends?

grubsie

I call it frustration days.

The weather up here in New Hamnpshire this year has be horrible to say the least. Mostly rainy cold with the few days that have been nice happening during the week when having to work. In fact, last Tuesday was the coldest recorded day in New England since 1926. We actually had to run the heat to be comfortable.

Well, today was a super nice day, but being behind the household chores due to the horrible weather up until now, I had to spend the day doing yard work. The grass was about 1 1/2 feet tall that I had to I had to mow twice due to it's height, weed wack, hedge clip all the bushes, and tend to the garden.

All while doing this, motorcycle after motorcycle went by the house. I am looking at these bikes go by with extreme jealously, thinking to myself, if I can get everything done quickly, I can go for a ride after supper. Well, what can I say. I am old. I took a shower and ate supper. Sat down in the recliner and here I stayed. I am having all I can do to stay awake, let alone go for a ride.

So my thinking now is I can maybe get a quick ride in tomorrow morning. Wish I could ride the whole day but no! Gotta attend a stupid family cookout in the afternoon that no one in the family really wants to attend. 10 minutes into the event, there is nothing for anyone to talk about anymore. Gotta sit there bored out of my mind along with everyone else while listening to bikes motoring in the distance.

Arrrrg! Who invented cookouts in the middle of the day anyway? It definitely wasn't riders. The first perfect riding weekend this year and the wife and I are not riding.

Like I said, "Frustration Days"

YUP Welcome to my world friend. Its been HOT for what seems like months. Now its starting the rainy cycle and we need it dont get me wrong. But day after day. I have not even rode to work (8mi round trip) but a couple days since our last meet and eat. Every weekend seems to be loaded with stupid projects not of my doing. Today I get the question of what would you like to do. "I dunno I aint even finished my 1st cup of coffee yet". Then comes the we need to clean the carpet in living room, wash clothes, clean the tile floor yada yada. Sooooo I have a choice??? Next 2 weekends are clogged up with family junk, then we will probably have a hurricane or something fouling up the mess.

So I feel with ya brother.

WOW am I hearin you guys.. Up till a couple years ago I was really doing pretty good at juggling it all.. Came back from our normal 2 month tour back then and noticed a constant fatigue feeling and literally felt like I could feel life draining out of the bottom of my feet when I stood up. Next couple of years till now I spent most of my days laying on our couch - sleeping 20 to 22 hours a day and no doctor was able to tell me what was wrong.. They kept finding stuff but none of the stuff they found, after repair work, seemed to help.. I vividly remember waking up and watching my neighbor cutting his grass and having tears in my eyes cause I wanted to go outside and cut mine too but I was just to tired to do so..

Finally they found this wretched cancerous tumor inside me, wacked it out and now = feeling MUCH better!! Good enough that all this weekend - even though it has been a GORGEOUS day out today and suppose to be tomorrow - I am sitting here baby sitting my new grandson while my daughter and son in law go out for the weekend. Yep,,, listening to those bikes go by out there aint no big deal now cause I am feeling good, staying awake AND playing with the kid!!

All last week we rode in that nasty eastern US weather.. It was freezing out - guy up on 8 in the Adirondacks told us they had just lost their last snow 3 weeks ago and MAJORLY wet!! We saw flooding = roads washed out near Rome New York, on our 1st Gen - dressed in our snowmobile clothes covered with rain gear but sucking up every bit of it the best we could cause I/we wanted to experience the unveiling..

Yesterday we were out on the bike,, had someone tell us about this Muslim man who had converted to Christianity and was giving a speech at a local church in a couple hours.. We looked at each other,, said "lets do it" and headed that way.. We were the only bikers there, place was packed with well dressed people - me with my Harley hat on and Tip with her Jean Jacket on - WOW was that amazing!!! Guy sure let it all hang out about why things are the way they are - what an AMAZING night - unforgettable!! Came home across a new bridge in the area that was built while I was down sick.. Refreshing to say the least..

What am saying by all that,, not sure but I do know one thing I have learned thru it all = my days are numbered = gotta make em count - smile more, smell the flowers more, buy more candy bars for kids at gas stations and lemonaide from roadside stands!

I wish there was family cookouts! :( I'm a generation out of step so to speak. My Dad if he were living would 97 this year, Mom would 79. Both have been gone a long time now. I turned 43 2 weeks ago. Yes, I have half siblings but the age difference never went over well so we never got along. All the cousins I grew up knowing have long since passed. I would relish those days again in a heartbeat. Especially if I could share the sense of family I had growing up with a husband who only knew to watch his back in his own family.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Well where should I start..... First two weeks ago. I started feeling odd. Landlord came and got his rent Friday. Then the unveil happened I was shocked in a way. Then Tuesday I had some kind of attack that I gave in and went to the ER get done there they tell me its a panic attack. Come home to landlord approaching me for some reason he then informs me he is selling these houses and got 30 days. Come inside still out of it go to sit down and all the sudden feel like I was lit on fire... So couple days later I still feel funky mom needs taken to the ER. So take her she ends up getting admitted to hospital so Thursday I go to the Urgacare across from the hospital after checking on mom.. They check me out put on paper seen for heartburn..... So then later that day I take the bloodwork to my Dr and tell him what's going on he tells me same thing ER does. Thing is yeah I have sick to my stomach feeling but never nothing like this.. 4 months not smoking maybe it was severe withdrawal but I can't really buy that either. So today I decided to take tinker out to stretch her legs and cruise for about 60 miles but still kinda have a feeling of I haven't slept in a day or so.. You prolly know the kinda floaty feeling.. Needless to say it been nice all week perfect motorcyclin weather and only been out this morning and she took me to the Dr Thursday. Mom came home yesterday I think they sent her home to early to be honest. Hopefully tomorrow I wake up feeling normal....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Edited by snyper316

Just moved my 94 year old Dad in with us. Took a bit of time over the Spring to get the place ready for him, but he's in now.

Been taking care of my mildly autistic older brother for 10+ years now. He lives in an apartment I built onto the garage.

At work we just got a large account that's requiring overtime, and potential service calls 24 / 7.

Here we are, Mid June, and I haven't taken the bike out of the shed yet.:yikes:

I know the feeling. I've worked so much that I can't even think about much of a ride. I put new tires on mine earlier this spring and they haven't even left the garage yet. My bike hasn't been ridden since last fall. Yesterday, I pulled it out about 7:00 in the morning and gave it a good cleaning. It was mostly just covered with dust. I washed it, did a very light detail on it, getting ready to take it for a short ride. Got a phone call and that all changed. Pulled it back into the garage and covered it up. Maybe someday.