IGNORED

Vogel spoiler.........................

DragonRider

Ok, this is one post I hate having to make, but due to my wifes mobility, there is a 50/50 chance that we might have to cancel Vogel this year. She is going in for 2 MRI's next week then a follow up with the orthopedic surgeon to find out if her other hip is going to need to be replaced. She is in a lot of pain which is worse that the other hip when it went out, she is hobbling around in pain and the meds dont help too much. Even if she doesnt have the surgery before Aug, which I hope is not the case, her making it up to Vogel would be very hard on her. So please keep her in your prayers for now and as soon as we know something I will make the final decision. If we do cancel it should be in enough time for everyone to cancel any reservations they have made.

I'm so sorry Charlene is in pain. Hopefully she can find relief before Vogel without surgery but knowing some of her history I completely understand. Give her a hug from Mike and me and I hope she feels somewhat better soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Lewis, I am very sorry to hear about what Charlene and you are having to go thru. I also know how much it pains you to have to think about cancelling Vogal.

At the present we have reservations at Hiwassee Ocoee State Park in SE TN to be near the eclipse for Mon and Tue and were going to Vogal from there. We have a couple of options here in that for those that were planning on coming, we could still have the event, even if you could not make it, or you could do a visit. The other option would be to see if anyone would like to make the get-together in Asheville.

Last year I almost cancelled Asheville due to the lack of interest, but before it was over with. we had a very good turnout and a great time. If you do feel you need to cancel Vogal, I can see what we could put together.

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy

Hey Lewis sorry to hear Charlene is having a hard time and you both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I have already changed that vacation once so I think I'll be at Vogel and I will have the hospitality tent set up for any body that shows up.

Wow.....you guys never cease to amaze me. I will keep everyone informed of our plans and you and Randy's options!!!

Hey Lewis sorry to hear Charlene is having a hard time and you both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I have already changed that vacation once so I think I'll be at Vogel and I will have the hospitality tent set up for any body that shows up.

Wow.....you guys never cease to amaze me. I will keep everyone informed of our plans and you and Randy's options!!!

Hey you take care of the wife and if there is anything we can do let us know.

Mike and I haven't formalized our plans yet either way. We still want to go if things happen, but we would probably drive up early Fri and come home Sunday. We might be moving about 1st of august and combining households so its a bit up in the air yet if we can get away then to enjoy visiting at Vogel.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Possibly the 23rd it depends on Trina's vacation

Do you have a site picked out yet? I liked it as it was last time, but have no idea what site I was on. We should be leaving Hiwassee Ocoee State Park, Delano, TN on the 23rd and be in Vogal that afternoon.

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy

• 3 weeks later...
So I heard rumor that Asheville may happen again in place of Vogel. What is the latest plans for August. I need to make reservations....

It is my understanding we are putting something together at Vogal for August 23rd thru the 27th. The eclipse is on Monday the 21st and everything around that area is booked. We are booked for the 21st and 22nd At Hiwassee State Park east of Cleveland, TN and will be going to Vogal from there. We plan to camp at Vogal, but have not made any reservations yet. Last time we were back in the woods and hope we can camp next to Woody as we did last time. Woody, if you have made any reservations, let me know.

Randy

It is my understanding we are putting something together at Vogal for August 23rd thru the 27th. The eclipse is on Monday the 21st and everything around that area is booked. We are booked for the 21st and 22nd At Hiwassee State Park east of Cleveland, TN and will be going to Vogal from there. We plan to camp at Vogal, but have not made any reservations yet. Last time we were back in the woods and hope we can camp next to Woody as we did last time. Woody, if you have made any reservations, let me know.

Randy

I don't think they let you reserve a site but I hope to get the same one we had last time. come one come all we will have a good time. :banana: