IGNORED

Driver Backrest

BIG TOM

OK GUYS AND GALS WHEN IT COMES TO KNOWING ABOUT DIFFERENT PRODUCTS I HAVE LEARNED TO TRUST ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS... IT IS TIME FOR ME TO THINK ABOUT ADDING A DRIVER BACKREST..WHICH ONE DO I GO WITH...DIAMOND OR UTOPIA..COST IS ABOUT THE SAME...I HAVE A 2005 RSV..HOW ABOUT INSTALLATION? THEY BOTH SEEM FAIRLY SIMPLE...WHAT DO YOU HAVE AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE IT OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE OUT THERE I DONT KNOW ABOUT?:mo money:

Got mine from Diamond R back in 04 still going strong. His uses the bolt holes that hold on the passenger seat. He even sends the longer bolts to make it work. Great people to do business with and stands behind their product 1000%. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Guest BluesLover
Got mine from Diamond R back in 04 still going strong. His uses the bolt holes that hold on the passenger seat. He even sends the longer bolts to make it work. Great people to do business with and stands behind their product 1000%. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:
Ditto for me (except I got mine in 06)!

Cheers,

THANKS,I WAS KINDA HEADING IN THAT DIRECTION..DIDNT WANT TO WAIT AND REALLY DIDNT WANT TO DO THAT SEAT CUTTING THING..TATERS DOESNT LIKE WHEN I HAVE SHARP OBJECTS IN MY HANDS..I THINK SHES AFRAID ID CUT MYSELF OR WORSE OVER CUT THAT SLOT IN THE SEAT AND HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE..:doh:

I got mine for the 06 RSV from Utopia and it's great. No cutting, lift driver seat and bolt on, no cutting and it is a perfect design match in good quality leather. I'm very happy with it.

Keep your powder dry

Jim

:cop::sign busted:

Both of the backrests are good ones, I personally would go with Diamond R as they have done a LOT for this site and offer us a great discount. Their customer service is great and their product is top notch. Albiet little the Diamond R is easier to put on in my estimation, you wont go wrong with either product.

I have had both back rests and like was mentioned above they are both QUALITY products. Of the two I prefer the Utopia although it was harder to install, it afforded me more and easier adjustments and better suited my riding.

The Diamond R was a great back rest, but for some reason it kept pushing me forward in the seat even with it adjusted all the way back. I had to put my feet on my highway pegs and push back to bend the brace to keep it from pushing me forward. This ended up pushing the passengers seat front edge back some. Never caused any problems though, just aesthetically not pretty.

I guess you will have to weigh everyones opinions and determine how fast you want the back rest. Diamond R will more than likely have them in stock and you will receive it within a week and Utopia has to make them and you will have to check their website to get a ship date.

Again both are Quality and I would own a Diamond R again if needed, but currently I love my Utopia.

I've been reading this topic with interest because it looks like I'm going to be riding between here and my Dad's house several times in the next few weeks (600 miles each way). I have a Corbin saddle, which is just fine for my usual local commuting, but I was thinking about re-acquiring a set of pillow-top seats and adding a backrest. The DiamondR backrest doesn't look like it matches the pillow-top seats, but Utopia won't do another build for three weeks, and then there is shipping time!

Is there a DiamondR backrest that looks right with the pillow-top seats? Does anyone know where the Utopia backrest that matches the pillow-tops can be acquired *now*, instead of a month from now?

Thanks, everybody.

If you go to Diamond R's web site,the do show a pillow top style backrest for the venture.

You're right. I didn't see it at first because it is listed separately from the other RSV backrest. Now I'm just concerned because I've read that it leans too far forward and several people have said that they had to bend it to make it comfortable.

Any leads on a Utopia pillow-top-match model that is actually available (rather than having to wait a month)?

Will the Diamond R fit the RSTD. The web site only list it for the Venture.

I don't think so unless the passenger seat is mounted the same way as on a Venture. On the RSV the passenger seat has a tab that slips under a metal lip in the back and then there are 2 bolts that are put in from the front that holds it onto the bike. It's where these two bolts are that the Diamond R back rest attaches. They provide longer bolts.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN,IF YOU NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING THIS IS THE PLACE TO FIND ANSWERS....IN THE PAST IVE SPENT HUNDREDS OF:mo money: DOLLARS ON SAFETY CHROME AND ACCESORIES ONLY TO BE DISSAPOINTED LATER WITH MY CHOICE..GOOD TO KNOW I CAN ALWAYS DEPEND ON YOU GUYS AND GALS TO STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.. RIDE SAFELY AND HOPE TO MEET UP WITH YOU ON THE ROAD....:moped:

Will the Diamond R fit the RSTD. The web site only list it for the Venture.

That's a good question. I bought one back in May '06 for my '06 RSTD. Diamond R called it a "Code, RSTDDD RS Tour Deluxe Drivers Backrest". But I don't see it listed on their website now. You should contact Allen at Diamond R.

Guest kozman01

If cash is a concern, and when is it not, I purchased my backrest from I believe his ebay name ws "firehousecustoms". Nice chrome plate, Yamaha pad, attached to the passenger seat with povided longer bolts, all for 102.00 which includes shipping. I'm happy with it but it does seem to want to push you a tad forward.

i got my Utopia backrest about a week ago. Took about 20 minutes to install, being careful of the wires underneath the bracket.

I absolutly love it. It was worth the wait, and, don't tell Utopia, but I would have paid twice the price. Looks good, fits good, feels good! And that's all I got to say about that!

Sky Pilot

• 1 year later...