IGNORED

VIN Number Locations?

I just got a PM from a new member asking me about the VIN number locations on the RSV. His state requires an inspection and they insist on verifying the VIN in two different places on the bike. We all know the obvious location on the neck tube but where is another one? I did a quick look and didn't find it. I've seen this question asked before, for the same reason, on the first gen but not the RSV.

I just got a PM from a new member asking me about the VIN number locations on the RSV. His state requires an inspection and they insist on verifying the VIN in two different places on the bike. We all know the obvious location on the neck tube but where is another one? I did a quick look and didn't find it. I've seen this question asked before, for the same reason, on the first gen but not the RSV.

I believe they still all stamped into the neck of the bike.

Is this guy from Missouri Too? During inspection even tho I owned the bike, the guy had to verify the VIN, the neck and bottom of the frame on the right hand side. The guy also said on some bikes he has to verify Engine numbers..... I didn't know that even existed. But mine is not RSV

Don, Have him turn his hanlebars all the way left. Go to right side and look just below the air valve for the right fork on the neck qet a flashlight and he will see it. Gotta get down on one knee and kind of look up to see it

Yea guys, we know where the one below the air valve on the neck is. We are looking for a second one. Will check on the bottom of the frame as suggested.

Didn't know there was a 2nd on. My title only lists one vin # and thats the one located on the Neck

I believe the concern is where on the bike will there be an additional stamping of the VIN number. I just checked my service manual and it only shows the one location on the neck. It also shows a model label on the left portion of the frame under the rider's seat. It only states model at this location, not serial.