IGNORED

Hurry Up and wait !!!

Dj Danger

I brought my 2005 RSTD in to the dealer last Thursday, having the carbs completely cleaned, rebuilt, and synchronized. Called me the next day, saying the carbs were indeed gunked up, but, that they had checked brakes, suspension , tires. Tires were 75% used up, so I ordered tires while they have it, so they can go on and take care of that. Was told the bike will be ready Saturday 4/8/17 to pick up.

I get a call this morning from the dealer, telling me, the carb drain plugs are on back order, and won't be in to 4/20/17 ! I wasn't real happy, however, I know sh*t happens. But, I saw an opening :) ...... I said well........ you told me the bike would be ready Saturday, and now I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks, I think a little compensation should be given. Dealer told me, due to the delay, even though they didn't know the parts were back ordered, that rather than have an unsatisfied customer, they'd NOT charge me anything to mount and balance my new tires I'm bringing them to install.

Nice to have a shop, that cares enough about their customers, to try and keep their business !!!!

They have an aweful lot, and OEM too. I use boats.net and revzilla.

I dont trust a shop to work on my cars/bikes with the love that I do, It sounds like they have a focus on the customer and thats cool. Good techs are fairly tough to find.

Yeah, that sounds like a part that would never need replacing?

I am thinking the same thing they are metal and there is a small Oring on them. So get Carb cleaner and air compressor clean the holes, Get a toothbrush and clean the screws and replace the O'ring.... this don't sound right at all... Now I was told my screws were on back order for a while for my windshield, this was last week I just got a visit from the UPS man with the screws. Wonder if they stripped them out and wanna charge the customer?

• 3 weeks later...

Update !!The Carb drain plugs came is a few days early, bike shop called me today, and she is ready to go! Going pick her up in the morning !!! Lol... this has been the longest 2 weeks I can remember in a while ! Will be glad to have my baby back !!!

I am thinking the same thing they are metal and there is a small Oring on them. So get Carb cleaner and air compressor clean the holes, Get a toothbrush and clean the screws and replace the O'ring.... this don't sound right at all... Now I was told my screws were on back order for a while for my windshield, this was last week I just got a visit from the UPS man with the screws. Wonder if they stripped them out and wanna charge the customer?

Unfortunately , there is no O-ring on the part, the conical end is what seals, and mine were pitted with rust.

s-l500.jpg