IGNORED

Pay me now, or.....SAY WHAT?

Captainkirk

I would tell him that I would be happy to do the work, get the bike in your shop torn down to the frame, call him and and say that you can't do anymore work on the bike till he makes good on the old bill and put's a $1000.00 deposit down on future work.

I would tell him that I would be happy to do the work, get the bike in your shop torn down to the frame, call him and and say that you can't do anymore work on the bike till he makes good on the old bill and put's a $1000.00 deposit down on future work.

:sign yeah that: I like deltarat's idea!

• 3 months later...

Hi, guys!

Just thought I'd give you an update on this scenario......

Late in April our fine friend had called and, as I mentioned, requested some work......nothing big......some CLASS bugs (I think I know what the problem was). He said he's borrowed or rented a trailer and needed to drop it off on the weekend so he could get the trailer back.....I say, OK: but I'm gonna need a deposit; like, the $400-odd dollars you owe me from a year ago. OK, no problem! he says. Just like that. (I'm thinking maybe he got his "economic stimulus" check?) I tell him I'll be home after 3 on Saturday, and after noon on Sunday. He says Saturday is better.

Obviously it wasn't. Nor was Sunday. Nor the rest of May; or June, or July, for that matter, because I never heard from him again. My wife is hopping mad at me now because she said he was planning on stiffing me yet again!

And now, at the end of July, I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree.....

I'm done with this joker.

Chicago area Venture mechanics be on the lookout. I'd release the guy's name but I just don't feel it's good policy for the forum. Just don't say I didn't warn you......:bang head:

Hi, guys!

Just thought I'd give you an update on this scenario......

Late in April our fine friend had called and, as I mentioned, requested some work......nothing big......some CLASS bugs (I think I know what the problem was). He said he's borrowed or rented a trailer and needed to drop it off on the weekend so he could get the trailer back.....I say, OK: but I'm gonna need a deposit; like, the $400-odd dollars you owe me from a year ago. OK, no problem! he says. Just like that. (I'm thinking maybe he got his "economic stimulus" check?) I tell him I'll be home after 3 on Saturday, and after noon on Sunday. He says Saturday is better.

Obviously it wasn't. Nor was Sunday. Nor the rest of May; or June, or July, for that matter, because I never heard from him again. My wife is hopping mad at me now because she said he was planning on stiffing me yet again!

And now, at the end of July, I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree.....

I'm done with this joker.

Chicago area Venture mechanics be on the lookout. I'd release the guy's name but I just don't feel it's good policy for the forum. Just don't say I didn't warn you......:bang head:

Maybe we could arrange a Meet & Greet at his place.????....?????

I'd say something about a leopard changing it's spots, but I don't remember the Kipling quote. I'd not associate with him again, and let his calls go unanswered. Some people count coup by how many times they can get away with something, and many brag about it when drinking with their buddies.

I try to judge people by their actions, not what they say (or say they intended to do). It's easy to say anything to cover a past wrong, but if they're not willing to fix it, or demonstrate in actions they changed, they're not really sorry, nor are they likely to avoid repeating their petty crimes.

But if his bike shows up in your shop, file a mechanic's lien on it immediately. Then start charging storage fees, until it reaches the value of the bike; at that point you can try to sell the bike to cover the late payments.