IGNORED

New to me 83 Yamaha Venture! One of my neighbors has had it sitting under a tarp sinc

Why didn't my entire post show up? Why can't I see the replies?
No idea why your entire post didn't show. But replies have been pretty limited.

So, does it run - sorry just joking - I'm gonna guess that it has a few issues. What do you have planned to get it back on the road?

zag

BTW, Google maps doesn't seem to know about Papillion, AK. Where are you?

Edited by zagger

Why would someone have a bike in Alaska that I would say is the wrong venture for that neighborhood

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

I remember guys heading up there with the KLRs and stuff back when I was more involved with dual sport (will be again fur sur). With the right rubber, who knows..

Guest divey
Why would someone have a bike in Alaska that I would say is the wrong venture for that neighborhood

Don't underestimate one of the most unique and beautiful States in your country. Doug

I don't know where in Alaska he is, but I know that Anchorage has a warmer climate that what I have here in Wisconsin. Their record high is higher than ours and our record low is colder than theirs. They always seem to be around 5-10° warmer than I am, And where I am is by far not the coldest place in the rest of this country, or Canada. So having a bike in AK could make more sense that most of the northern USA. And I bet there are some great scenic roads over there.

That is crazy I know Russia is pretty cold so is Canada though Alaska had ice roads and in parts you had to depend on a train to take you in and out of town. And bush pilots or is TV showing me what they want me to think, what next voices in my head.....

No idea why your entire post didn't show. But replies have been pretty limited.

So, does it run - sorry just joking - I'm gonna guess that it has a few issues. What do you have planned to get it back on the road?

zag

BTW, Google maps doesn't seem to know about Papillion, AK. Where are you?

No, it's not running. 36,833 miles, 2nd gear repaired, fork seals redone, ugly duckling. Supposedly, and I will meet the mechanic tomorrow, the PO had this work done and is was a working, riding bike in summer of 15. After fork fixed, the bike was too tall for him and he parked it. Swears that a month and a half ago, he could turn the key and had a clock! Clutch lever flaps in the wind. Was told to bleed the clutch, drop in a battery and go! Not exactly what I vegetated found.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

You have come to the right place for help with your new found best ride.

You will probably need to replace a few things to make her road worthy but having the second gear fix and forks redone is a plus.

Love riding my 83 standard which is what yours must be cause no radio, cruise, ect. The best part about the standard is you have fewer gadgets to repair and more storage in the faring.

• 9 months later...

I guess now I understand how you ended up with this project. I assume you have a more difficult time finding bikes up there and I am going to guess the price was right. This is the place for help. God knows I have depended on this site to keep mine running. You really cannot find better help than this group. And these are far from simple bikes.