Victory Motorcycles is dead

Mover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much of the Harley market is all about image.

1st thing I ask when someone talks to me about "wanting to ride"

Do you want to ride or do you want a Harley? If you want to ride I can get you on a nice bike for under $3k, if you want a Harley you'll need double that in Lifestyle clothing alone...

WOWZY!! Take a 5 day break and the whole world goes nuts!!!

I still think that Polaris's screw up with the Victory line right at the very beginning of production is what ultimately killed the Vic.. One of the original dealerships in our area was owned by a friend of mine. When Polaris decided to turn their backs on the warranties of all those early model 92 inch scoots with all their problems, he tossed Polaris out!! Lots and lots of early purchasers were "stuck" with real problems and, in our area, Victory became a very very bad name and these folks never seemed to forget.

I also was SHOCKED that Polaris had moved the sell point on the new Indians up another 3 grand by the time they unveiled at Sturgis (when they unveiled the engine at daytona the bikes were gonna come out 3 grand cheaper:doh:) - putting them in direct competition in price with HD:no-no-no: and no "prove" period:confused24: .. I am with Randy ( @rickardracing ) on this one,, I think if Polaris would have held their prices back on the Indian, given them a REAL chance at competing on the open market with The Motor Company = perhaps they could have carried the Vic line some to compete against the "metrics" like they said they intended to do!!

I LOVE em all and it makes me sad to read another marquee has bit the dust = bummer!!

Local Polaris dealer quit selling bikes a long time ago. He had them for a few years. I asked them last time I was in there why there were no bikes on the floor, he said he couldn't sell them. The ones he did sell were to younger kids and were town/bar hopper bikes. I'm not sure of the models but it seems like the Vegas and Jackpot models ring a bell. I only remember seeing a Vision in the store one time. Dealer has no desire to sell bikes anymore, just snowmobiles and atv/side by sides. Closest HD dealers are over an hour away and he still couldn't sell any Victorys.

Local Polaris dealer quit selling bikes a long time ago. He had them for a few years. I asked them last time I was in there why there were no bikes on the floor, he said he couldn't sell them. The ones he did sell were to younger kids and were town/bar hopper bikes. I'm not sure of the models but it seems like the Vegas and Jackpot models ring a bell. I only remember seeing a Vision in the store one time. Dealer has no desire to sell bikes anymore, just snowmobiles and atv/side by sides. Closest HD dealers are over an hour away and he still couldn't sell any Victorys.

Thats cause pulling into The Rally on a Vision would be almost as bad as showing up on a,, :scratchchin:,,,, beat up ol stickered covered :happy34::hihi:

Catching any fish these days Bernie? Just took a 2 mile walk down by our lake and our little harbor is COVERED in flip ups!! Perch must be in!!:fishin:

Thats cause pulling into The Rally on a Vision would be almost as bad as showing up on a,, :scratchchin:,,,, beat up ol stickered covered :happy34::hihi:

Aren't you the Ol'Coot that has a stickered covered 83'?

Catching any fish these days Bernie? Just took a 2 mile walk down by our lake and our little harbor is COVERED in flip ups!! Perch must be in!!:fishin:

Now your talking in Code, flip ups?

Aren't you the Ol'Coot that has a stickered covered 83'? Yeppers,,, just :stickpoke: and :witch_brew: aiming at a really good buddy of mine who rides a GORGEOUS Road Glide and knows where the best pie in South Dakota is Snype!!

Now your talking in Code, flip ups? around here they use these little flag devices called a "tip up" to tell ya if ya gotta fish on - that way you can fish holes thru the ice in more than one location at the same time. Up in northern michigan (houghton lake) its gets so thick with shanties and flip up's (my code name for a tip up) that they have a HUGE rally up there every year called "Tip Up Town". Place is an ice fishermans/snowmobilers PARADISE that I have attended a number of times...

:thumbsup:

Puck, you get a pass though. It's not just the stickers, it's the antelope horns on your mirror stems!

And yes, I am catching a few fish. Brother and I did well yesterday, not so hot today. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. Getting a crappies and occasional perch.

Puck, you get a pass though. It's not just the stickers, it's the antelope horns on your mirror stems!

And yes, I am catching a few fish. Brother and I did well yesterday, not so hot today. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. Getting a crappies and occasional perch.

Good on ya on the fishing brother = sounds like a blast!! Your DEFINITELY onto something with the Antelope horn comment BJ:missingtooth::biker:!!

20161122_135139.jpg

Here is where I been spending my time. Not quite as entertaining as riding motorcycle but still fun never the less.

If you look to the left wall, there are a couple of tip ups hanging there. Puck called them flip ups.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108100

Here is where I been spending my time. Not quite as entertaining a ingredients a motorcycle but still fun never the less.

If you look to the left wall, there are a couple of tip ups hanging there. Puck called them flip ups.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW = That is GORGEOUS Beej = DEFINITELY 100 percent CUSTOM ice fishing right there brother!! :scratchchin:You guys got it insured? Be a REAL shame to have some low life hook onto to it and take it home :mad:,,, other hand though, be kinda cool to be catching some zzz's in the MFC (Mega Fish Castle), feel it moving, and step out the door to catch a couple kids hooking it up :stickpoke::buttkick:...

That IS gorgeous Bernie!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. I made this out of a golf cart trailer that has drop axles. It goes right to the ice. Floor is 4x8 with 20 inch wide side benches running the length of it (not quite wide enough to sleep on). I'm not a carpenter by any means so it isn't totally square but it works. I made it last year and figured I needed to insulate the floor for to his year. So I added 2 inches of insulation in the floor. It heats easy. Inside and outside plywood are 1/4 inch making it really light. I tow it with a 96 Toyota Tacoma at about 3900 pounds. Ice shack weighs 900 pounds. Together I weigh about what a 1/2 ton 4wd pickup does. I can fish 2 guys, 4 lines but that's it. Any more than that you need tip ups outside. Coldest I've been out in it is -10 and I was in t shirt with the Mr heater big buddy on low. I think she's a winner. Never have trouble finding somebody to go fishing with me because it's comfy.......

I can at least watch Wild Hogs on the TV/dvd player for my bike fix. I gotta get some more biker movies.......

Also you can't steal it. The axles and the tongue are removable and are in my pickup when I leave the ice!

Edited by bj66