IGNORED

Camless Engine?

Freebird

Interesting...makes my head hurt!! Would take shade tree out of the pic. I've done a lot of thinking about ways to change the valve trains and just :bang head::bang head: It gets real complicated real quick!!:backinmyday: I just wanna go back to that first engine I rebuilt. A old 216 Chevy from a 1951 model. I got to understand it pretty well. Then things went to HE**.:backinmyday:

that's very interesting and could be programmable. The only thing that would bother me is pneumatic activators. Ice in lines in winter. Would rather see hydraulic or electric activation. Would it pass emissions. Still running on dino fuel.. Very cool

that's very interesting and could be programmable. The only thing that would bother me is pneumatic activators. Ice in lines in winter. Would rather see hydraulic or electric activation. Would it pass emissions. Still running on dino fuel.. Very cool

I'm thinking electric. Just seems it would be more reliable. Hydraulic would have to be electric assisted anyway???:think:

Well diesel engines can run injectors at 2500 psi oil pressure and fire with wire. So its already in use just not valves. All they will have to do is slow down the stroke of the valve replacement some how. I don't see why they would bother. Unless make it run on different fuels or compost. Give them something to scratch there head. Sick thought out house power.

Awww I just LOVE 2 cycle and Rotary engines, either of which perform admirably well.

Whichever way it goes, pneumatic, hydraulic or electric it should be very cool. My guess is you could use any of those. I wonder what spring pressure vs a conventional camshaft engine. I also wonder what happens when these things wear and need to be replaced, how labor intensive would that be. On my current car the intake has to be removed to replace the starter since it resides between the cyl heads in the valley. I wonder if any service of this system would require pulling apart the top half of the engine or just the VC. Abolishing the venerable timing belt service intervals would sure as hell be nice though, wouldn't it?