IGNORED

2017 rallys

GFRicky

getting time to put in for Vacation, do we have some more dates?

hey Lewis what about Vogel?

no post in this thread since before X-mas 2016, so let me revive this old thread and say I got my vacation for August in Georgia, Look out Vogel here we come again.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to attend and meet some local riders, can someone give me more details? Thanks

I wish I could lay out the day for you, but we are working/talking about changing it up a little somehow,,, and then again, maybe not. Whatever gets planned, we have an open house all day long, enjoy lunch and supper together, get here when the time is right, and leave when we're told the day is over, or when we've had enough of the host. Some folks come by for lunch, some stay all day, and some only seem to like supper. Coffee, tea and water are provided, we haven't seen any adult beverages and don't seem to miss them a bit. We have a donation jar set out so you can help with the costs if you so desire, but supper is usually split by the eaters. You get to park your scoot on the street, so the neighbours can oggle the nicest one. So far we have not had any stolen, run over or in any other way lost or damaged. We have a well supplied shop, and it's not uncommon to see it being used for one thing or another. If it rains, it rains, but it has never yet stopped us from having a get-together. We have a fairly large patio, 750sqft shop, trees and grass. Chairs are supplied by us and the neighbors. If we have meat to eat, it comes from the best Butcher shop in the county, even though I say so myself. You just might to get to meet somebody from Kingston or from Windsor, or maybe even Detroit, we even had somebody from Georgia show up a couple of years ago.

You asked!

I'd like to attend and meet some local riders, can someone give me more details? Thanks

I see Carl replied....you'll get used to him.

So what he said in plain English is :

(start with the important stuff first)

- the gathering spot is at his house in Brantford. He has a large yard, covered patio, lots of parking on the street. He has a large garage with shop tools so if you need help with minor work it can be done - lots of experienced hands to help or answer questions

- he owns a butcher shop (now managed/owned by his son) so the meat used for the lunch comes from his shop. Salads, buns, etc are provided but donations/contributions are appreciated to cover the costs

- some people have been known to arrive early (morning coffee - pot of coffee is ready EARLY) but lunch generally around noon. If memory serves, arrive between 10-11am is popular. If you have things you want done on your bike, arrive earlier - carb tune for example

- after lunch there is an afternoon ride which terminates back at Carl's place. For people that want to stay for dinner, food is ordered in and there are left overs from lunch. For those staying for dinner, bill is usually split by however many people stay

- because there is a group ride in the afternoon, there is no alcohol at lunch

- be prepared for Carl's "speeches"....can be long winded but don't be afraid to heckle him. The pre-ride spiel is to make sure we all abide by the same ride rules and is good for people new to group riding and a reminder to those who are experienced

- you don't have to show up on your bike. Some have caged to the event and either follow the riders in their vehicles or wait for the group at Carl's

- as an annual and popular event, there will be several local members as well as from the States - great chance to meet and break bread with people from the forum

Sorry to be a little long winded myself, but also filled in some details Carl didn't mention - he does like the participation of the crowd during his speeches. :-)

Thanks for the replies fellas. This sounds like a great time and opportunity to meet some new people. I live in Brant County so I'm not too far away, if someone could post Carl's address or PM me with it so I can join in. Thanks again, Paul

• 3 months later...