IGNORED

Runs Badly-Dont know why

mellco

Hi, Thanks for the info on the "erratic fuel guage" found that the ground wire on the sending unit was bad. Now to my current problem: when I started the bike for the first time it ran poorly and would only stay running with the choke on. I have since changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter and syncroniszed the carbs. The bike when cold runs bad(misses) when it warms up it does not respond well to throttle input and smells rich. If I hold the throttle at 3k rpms the bike has a miss that you can hear in the exaust. I have owned this bike for 4 years and it has always run great. Im stumped! Myrtle Beach is 3 weeks away and I was riding down and need to resolve this.

Give the Ingnition Switch, and the Run - Stop Switch a " BATH " with CRC 2-26.

Read Resistance from the 4 Center Pins of the 8 Pin plug of the TCI, to the + Bat. cable after removeing it from the battery. You should see 3.8 to 4.5 ohms. Thats the resistance of th Primary Coil Windings. You might have a Coil going bad

Remove the TCI, and Dry it out.

Clean the contacts at the TCI.

Check the plug between the Alternator, and the Regulator.

Check the 5 wire plug in cable from Pick up coils, going to the 6 pin plug of the TCI.

Maby bad plug wires.

Maby bad plugs.

Hi Guys, Problem solved!!! Found the diaphram in carb #4 Had come apart? Looking at pictures of diaphrams they all appear to be one piece,This one was in 4! I put them all back together and still had a pop in airbox from carb #4. Prior owner had remover plugs for mixture screws. I checked screw for #4 and found it all the way in. Backed it out 2-1/2 turns checked the rest of the mixture screws and found all of them less than 1-1/2 turns out. Adjusted all of them, re-syncronized the carbs and the bike runs great. Thank you all for your input. Looking forward to Myrtle Beach!!!

Purchased 2 cans from Auto Zone this morning. Plan to run 2oz per gallon mixture. Thanks

FWIW....

Dont waste your time with measuring the seafoam, dump a full can into a full tank of gas. Granted that is a very concentrated mix, but will clean it up better than anything. I have always put an entire can in when I do it, and run it hard for at least 50 miles. I think your issue will be completely gone :happy34: