IGNORED

Shocking Question,..

DarrinGT

Yea I understand but this is how we rode this weekend, 950 miles 2 up fully loaded, During this trip I changed the shock many times from 0 on up to 35 and saw no difference in the harshness of the ride.

20161010_112624.jpg

Edited by DarrinGT

I know on my 1st Gen's its the dampening adjustment that shows the biggest difference in stiffness of ride. The air pressure increases the ride height but the dampening is directly affected by a different adjustment. I have never owned or fooled with any of the newer Ventures so I am not sure if they are damping adjustable (seems like they would be) but you might look closely and see if they are..

On the 1st Gens there is a small knob beside the shock shrader valve (on the non-compressor scoots) where you select for dampening..

No dampner adjustment per say on RSV/TD. Only air which would certainly change bump/compression. The valving in the shock would be the same I suspect. It looks as though your weight would be similar, maybe a tick more believe it or not. Could be a matter of bushings,oil age or a few other things.

Tires?

Thanks Guys,..

Both bikes have brand new Dunlop E3s set at the same pressure.

Both bikes also have right at 19K miles. We have only ridden the Venture one time on a 150 mile trip but hope to ride it again this week if the weather cooperates. I bought it to flip, and we are actually deciding what one we want to keep, but are leaning towards the Royal,..

Yea I understand but this is how we rode this weekend, 950 miles 2 up fully loaded, During this trip I changed the shock many times from 0 on up to 35 and saw no difference in the harshness of the ride.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107612

Know what you mean Darrin by loading it up and riding 2 up. Its a lotta weight.

Red.jpg