IGNORED

1989 Venture royale original windscreen height

I get a lot of wind buffeting when riding and was wondering if this is the original windscreen. It is 15.5 inches high from the center to the top of the plexiglass. If this is correct, has anyone tried any of the aftermarket extenders?

Thanks all of you for your help and knowledge.

Pep

I ended up installing a Clear view windshield on my 89 VR. I ordered the GT25 with the adjustable vent and a gray tint and enjoy riding behind it. I am 6ft and with the stock seat it was a good height for me.

Here is the URL to the site. http://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/yamaha/venture-royale-1983-1993-shields/

Sorry I cant help you with the stock height but 15.5 inches seems a little low to me.

Hope that helps

Rick F.

I get a lot of wind buffeting when riding and was wondering if this is the original windscreen. It is 15.5 inches high from the center to the top of the plexiglass. If this is correct, has anyone tried any of the aftermarket extenders?

Thanks all of you for your help and knowledge.

Pep

I just measured my 89 and I measured 21" of windshield. Wind buffeting also has a lot to do with how far your head is from the windshield. If you look at a Goldwing, I think the windshield is sloped back at a grearter angle than the Venture with the riders head closer to the shield.

I previously owned a 1983 Yamaha Virago 750 and I put a National Cycle Plexifairing 3 windshield on it. The wind buffeting around my helmet was awful. I currently own a 1985 Kawasaki ZN700 that has a shorter frame and I'm sitting more forward. I installed a National Cycle Plexifairing 3 on it and my head is close enough to the windshield that I don't get buffeting around my helmet.

I didn't like all the buffering against the front of my big stock windshield ('84 venture) nor the excessive back pressure pushing my body toward so I trimmed mine down around 6 inches and im much happier now.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I didn't like all the buffering against the front of my big stock windshield ('84 venture) nor the excessive back pressure pushing my body toward so I trimmed mine down around 6 inches and im much happier now.
When you were experiencing buffeting and back pressure did you notice if the vent louvers by the speakers were open?

My 90 VR has a stock sized windscreen and my 89 has one that has been cut down about 5 inches. I always ride with those vents open and find there is no buffeting on the 90 with some minimal buffeting on the 89. Not enough to be a bother to my head but when doing 65 mph or more the face shield on my helmet has a tendency to get pushed partially closed.

I get about 21 1/2 " on my stock 87 Royale from the center of the front trim to the top of the Plexiglas. Hope that helps.

Yep, I was afraid of that. It looks like I have a shorter than stock screen. If I tuck down a couple inches, no buffeting so I will look at the aftermarket stuff for something close to stock.

I haven't noticed . lovers by my speakers. 1984 vr.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Well, I don't have lovers hanging around my speakers either so I'm assuming you meant louvers. :guitarist 2:

So, all you 1st Gen experts, are the louvers beside the speakers on MkII's not found on Mk I's?

They are on the MK 1's Have to go to garage to check 11' s ( brain not working) and Saddle Bum left the door open up there!!!:backinmyday: I may not survive that trip in my Fruit of the Looms!!:Avatars_Gee_George: When I get dressed after while I'll take a peek.:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday: Ain'y your Louvers Lovers??? They are close....

Edited by Yammer Dan