IGNORED

Barrycuda and NW FLorida folks

djh3

Stopped in just to ask this same question DJ = thanks for posting this up!!:thumbsup: @Barrycuda and all our other southern riders ,, caught some of the reporting about issues related to this storm,, PLEASE let us know your all ok = THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS UP FOR ALL AFFECTED!!!

Remembering back in the early 70's - buddy and I were gonna go into the Airforce on the "buddy plan".. His brother was a Staff Sargent and stationed at Fort Eglin Air Base in Pensicola = said before you sign anything come down here and visit for a month or so.. We did and changed our minds.. Shortly after we left - a hurricane came thru and sucked out every air conditioner in the barracks we had just stayed in :scared:.. Watching the news about this one = HUGE chance of Tornado's producing some of the very same damages related to the one I am speaking of. Was numerous lives lost back then - PLEASE take warnings seriously and stay safe!!

Sure hope you all are doing OK. Looks like this hurricane is getting stronger and is a real rain maker. Spots around Tampa are reporting over something like 15" rain in just a few hours.

I am a couple hours from the coast in South GA. Right now the eye is passing us. Other than some wind, a lot of rain and few branches down, not much going on here. Probably wont have the bike out today.....

However the folks in the Big Ben of FL I hear and see on the news got it pretty bad. It could of been worse, the storm could of come ashore bigger.

When I use to do some work for the emergency management and communications, the fear is one day a storm, taking the same path as this one, but as a CAT 4 or 5 will come and the majority of the population would not be ready. Maybe the FL folks would be but in South GA they have the mentality of just wind and rain....

If the wife would let me, I would bring the bike in the family room and do a good cleaning on it.

But all is pretty good here

I am a couple hours from the coast in South GA. Right now the eye is passing us. Other than some wind, a lot of rain and few branches down, not much going on here. Probably wont have the bike out today.....

However the folks in the Big Ben of FL I hear and see on the news got it pretty bad. It could of been worse, the storm could of come ashore bigger.

When I use to do some work for the emergency management and communications, the fear is one day a storm, taking the same path as this one, but as a CAT 4 or 5 will come and the majority of the population would not be ready. Maybe the FL folks would be but in South GA they have the mentality of just wind and rain....

If the wife would let me, I would bring the bike in the family room and do a good cleaning on it.

But all is pretty good here

My son is in Folkston babysitting convicts. They called him in on his day off to watch the fence. Went right over him I think.

Stopped in just to ask this same question DJ = thanks for posting this up!!:thumbsup: Barrycuda and all our other southern riders ,, caught some of the reporting about issues related to this storm,, PLEASE let us know your all ok = THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS UP FOR ALL AFFECTED!!!

Remembering back in the early 70's - buddy and I were gonna go into the Airforce on the "buddy plan".. His brother was a Staff Sargent and stationed at Fort Eglin Air Base in Pensicola = said before you sign anything come down here and visit for a month or so.. We did and changed our minds.. Shortly after we left - a hurricane came thru and sucked out every air conditioner in the barracks we had just stayed in :scared:.. Watching the news about this one = HUGE chance of Tornado's producing some of the very same damages related to the one I am speaking of. Was numerous lives lost back then - PLEASE take warnings seriously and stay safe!!

Thank you cowpuc, and the rest for your thoughts and concerns. My home is fine and we have some streets closed due to flooding or trees down. I work about 40 miles north and much of that area is without power. The side streets have some flooding and much of citrus and Levy counties have been pummeled. Thanks for all your warm wishes. Parts of downtown Tampa, by the river walk were under water as that area is at sea level. Thankfully, no major issues this time. I'll be prepping and packing the GW for its Second IR trip in 3 years. Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I will be introducing my Florida GW riding buddy Ali. Great guy, smart, funny. Told him the VR forum is a family. Let's give him a nice welcome. Steve K is going, so look out for Florida GW riders entering VR territory...

Well sounds like so far so good. ey Barry when you all going and where?

Going to the VR international in WVA , leaving on the 10th back around 18th.

I got more of out of the rocket blowing up at the cape that from the storm, when that big Roman candle went off it shook the whole house, and I about 35 miles north of the Cape.

Dion,

able to take a few"sick days" and join us ??

LOL No such thing when your part time. Only 2 of us instructors and I sort of put my .02 in for the second week in Oct to go to NC. I am trying to find something to do next summer on my time off.