IGNORED

The Red Baron sulking - StarFan bought another bike

StarFan

Wife went to the north side of our country (9 hours away) to our old deserted farm like she always does in the summer and demanded that I would at least come for a visit. Had a big project to do in the garden so I said no and boy - she was not happy. Decided to pay her a surprise visit and that DID pay off. I n a small town close to ourfarm I saw a bunch of old bikes standing beside a garage. Talked to the guy who lives there and he took me to his workshop and there I found a Italian Vespa Piaggio Primavera 125cc from 1968. A total resoration project and I stole it for 500 US$. The BOSS was in such a happy mood since I came visit that she said: Well that was a good price. I think you should try and find a side car for this so we can do some retro riding together in town.

Gonna pick her up late September and start the rebuild. Can´t wait. The picture is not of that bike but exactly the same. Mine is a total resto, motor and the whole nine yards. It is in running condition though, that is, the motor turns and allmost all parts are present, no rust but it is neclected. All parts are available for these bikes from Italy or/and Germany

It is going to be fun doing this - the only thing that I can not decide is if I should keep the color completely original or if I should make it a two tone. Time will tell but knowing myself, the two tone is kind of higher possibility. There is no money to gain and I am gonna keep it. The restoration will most likely be somewhere around 4.000 US$ that is parts and paint job. The rest I will do myself.

Will post a thread when I have her in my garage and start the restoration.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Vespa%20Piaggio%20Primavera%201968/Vespa125-Primavera1968_zps9dd3aiv6.jpg

Edited by StarFan
Grammar

There's a HUGE Vespa club here on the Wet Coast ... saw a group of them heading south of the border yesterday. Daughter's b/f has one but it's not running. He used to use it for commuting to/from University. Was a funny sight to see him (6' 7" and 240 lbs) riding that little thing LOL

Will be watching for your progress reports!