IGNORED

Pics of my new acquisition hot off the open road.

I figured I would just slip them in here before the pic patrol cites me for noncompliance. Unwashed, it's how she came off the road so not purdied up yet.

I know your are sick of hearing it from me, but thanks again for all the answers along the way.

venture_left.jpg

venture_right.jpg

venture_rear.jpg

venture_stuff.jpg

Looks to be in overall very nice condition!

OK I see 4 nice aftermarket accessories! The backrest, you're gonna love that! There are 3 different positions you can put that in!

The highway boards, another nice creature comfort!

The Baker airwings, on hot days you can get more air on you, on cooler days deflect some of the air away from you.

The crash protectors on your engine covers, those chrome tubular things around the Venture emblem, those are about as rare as hen's teeth!!

As Trader mentioned, it is kind of rare to find the louvers that still work and have all the pieces intact!

You did good. Beautiful bike and what is this thing about "tired of hearing from you". Not at all.

I meant tired of hearing me say "thanks" haha. Oh yea, I checked out the tires today as you said, lots of meat left on them but they are quite badly feathered, that could be my howl, I'm glad you threw that wisdom in.

The backrest is AWESOME! never had a bike with one before. I took it grocery shopping today and pretty sure it holds as much as my old Squareback. I'm excited to get the forks and neck bearings ironed out and get some decent long life tires on her. Thanks for all the compliments and education. I'm sure her and I will be friends for quite a long time.

If I didnt know the different models somewhat, a fellow could think its a new model. With the way some of the sport tour bikes are coming out, it does not look that far off. I have always been a function over looks kind of fellow. I like the looks of the 1st gen and the Kawasaki Voyager (1st version not the behemoth one now) I like the new Voyager but for different reasons. The first gen Venture and Voyager just have crisp lines. Probably explains why I like the Vision and my XCT. Sharp angular lines.

If I didnt know the different models somewhat, a fellow could think its a new model. With the way some of the sport tour bikes are coming out, it does not look that far off. I have always been a function over looks kind of fellow. I like the looks of the 1st gen and the Kawasaki Voyager (1st version not the behemoth one now) I like the new Voyager but for different reasons. The first gen Venture and Voyager just have crisp lines. Probably explains why I like the Vision and my XCT. Sharp angular lines.

I couldnt agree more, I also value function over form but if a manufacturer can blend both the results are desirable, old or new. I really tend to like vintage stuff as well as a respect for new tech, like Victory and Indian. Polaris is doing something thats been done but they are doing it SOOO much better, IMHO Polaris is going to completely bury Harley Davidson or relegate them to selling only jackets, boots and skull-embossed dewrags made in China. I almost bought a Cheftain I was so impressed with how well built they are but I'm saving for a fixer-upper house outside the city. That XCT is sexy as hell, I tip my hat to Polaris for doing what needed to be done to keep the narrow angle twin relevant and desirable.

A pic of my other bike

DSCN2066.jpg

Nice bikes!! I'm looking at a '94 Vmavx now selling for $3400

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Super fun bikes, I have learned a ton about tuning them and have done just about everything to this one including paint/clear coat. You can find gen1 vmaxes for even less than that but watch out for 2nd gear on the earlier models, same issue some of the Ventures

For $3400 it should be pretty nice, I have seen them in the ~$2500 range in fairly decent shape. I gave $3000 for mine with 16k on the clock but already had the Kerker 4-2-1, which I might add is blissfully musical. I had to undo some Dyna Jet crap that was in stalled and retune the whole thing to get that arm socket stressing acceleration. Check in on vmaxforum.net, tons of good info, if you have any vmax questions feel free to pm me also, I have learned quite a bit and always willing to help.

A pic of just after I brought her home.

sidecoversbefore (1).jpg

Edited by CaseyJ955