IGNORED

World's largest yard sale

Dragonslayer

690 miles between Gadsden, Alabama to somewhere up in Michigan along Hwy 127.

Does anyone have any experience? I've heard of it but never done it.

Yes I admit it, I've been known to kill time checking out yard, garage and estate sales. Not that I'm interested in bargains on baby clothes it's more about stumbling across some rare treasure or barn find.

Thinking about checking it out this year August 4th through 7th. The route is supposed to be scenic roads. Thought I might start in Alabama take a leisurely drive checking it out and see how far North I got.

Any thoughts please share.

Did it a few years back and learnt a few things.

You'll get burned out on the sales quicker than you think.

There was more people and traffic than I expected.

You may find a few great deals, but prices seem a bit higher. Harder to find those "great scores".

Can't say that I'll never do it again, but it was as much a chore as it was fun.

Everyone should do it at least once.:2cents::cool10: ​Let us know how it goes.

Lemme get this straight. You're saying this 'Garage Sale' is 690 miles long??? Holy Frijoles Bat Man!!! Now we have one out here in Quartzsite AZ that goes on all winter long. Generally populated by miles of Canadian snowbirds in trailers and motorhomes, and they all have their schtick. Lots of crafts stuff.

Lemme get this straight. You're saying this 'Garage Sale' is 690 miles long??? Holy Frijoles Bat Man!!! Now we have one out here in Quartzsite AZ that goes on all winter long. Generally populated by miles of Canadian snowbirds in trailers and motorhomes, and they all have their schtick. Lots of crafts stuff.

Yea ...no fooling. Google 127 yard sale and see what I'm talking about

Yes I admit it, I've been known to kill time checking out yard, garage and estate sales. Not that I'm interested in bargains on baby clothes it's more about stumbling across some rare treasure or barn find.

Thinking about checking it out this year August 4th through 7th. The route is supposed to be scenic roads. Thought I might start in Alabama take a leisurely drive checking it out and see how far North I got.

I've been doing it off and on for 18 years. People watch to much tv now days and think they have a gold mine and try to charge accordingly

there still is some bargains to be found but you have to put forth more effort to find and a lot depends on what you are looking for. Stay away from the areas that have normal flea markets and yard sales all the time, it's the same stuff you can see any day of the week except on the side of the road this weekend kinda thing. Crossville, tn is a big one for this, avoid this area if possible it can take over a hour to just get through here because everyone jumps off the interstate to have a look see.

I've always found the best deals in KY from Albany on north. They are several that just are in a large fields, towns etc. Be prepared to sit in traffic and depending on where your at driving for several miles before you see anything, take snacks and drinks with you. Everyone and there momma plus all there friends are also doing this. Usually some awesome BBQ in Danville,Ky.

We usually start in Glencoe,Ky and work our way south. We ran out of money and room last year rented a uhaul trailer and still had to make a return trip to get it all lol and the funny thing was we were looking for none of it. Pull in and off the road on some of the single yard sale signs you never know what you might find. my :2cents:

I've been doing it off and on for 18 years. People watch to much tv now days and think they have a gold mine and try to charge accordingly

there still is some bargains to be found but you have to put forth more effort to find and a lot depends on what you are looking for. Stay away from the areas that have normal flea markets and yard sales all the time, it's the same stuff you can see any day of the week except on the side of the road this weekend kinda thing. Crossville, tn is a big one for this, avoid this area if possible it can take over a hour to just get through here because everyone jumps off the interstate to have a look see.

I've always found the best deals in KY from Albany on north. They are several that just are in a large fields, towns etc. Be prepared to sit in traffic and depending on where your at driving for several miles before you see anything, take snacks and drinks with you. Everyone and there momma plus all there friends are also doing this. Usually some awesome BBQ in Danville,Ky.

We usually start in Glencoe,Ky and work our way south. We ran out of money and room last year rented a uhaul trailer and still had to make a return trip to get it all lol and the funny thing was we were looking for none of it. Pull in and off the road on some of the single yard sale signs you never know what you might find. my :2cents:

That's helpful information. Thanks for your input.

i took my wife to this yard sale one year, but we did it on the motorcycle. Sure saved me a lot of money because she was only able to buy small stuff. She wanted to buy a used parachute but it was to big to fit in saddle bags:banana:

i took my wife to this yard sale one year, but we did it on the motorcycle. Sure saved me a lot of money because she was only able to buy small stuff. She wanted to buy a used parachute but it was to big to fit in saddle bags:banana:

You could have just tied it on to the back and pulled it behind you......:stickpoke:

127? Michigan? ,,, 127 in Michigan,,, 127 in Michigan,,,, :think:,, :scratchchin:,, where have I heard of that before :scratchchin:,,,,,, oh yea,,, now I remember -

HOT DOGS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a Puc's MGnEM not to far off 127 in Michigan!!:7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]::900[1]::15_8_211[1]::Im not listening to:fatsmiley::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::Im not listening to:fatsmiley::dancefool::dancefool:

:lightbulb:,,,,,, all you Southners can now just follow the yard sale signs up to a Puc's MGnEM - leave your GPS's and maps at home, have room for more junk = free :guitarist 2:, :banana:, :Im not listening to and :fatsmiley: at the end of the rainbow for all you yard salers!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks Dragon Slayer for the free advertising opportunity - fits the theme of my MGnEM's PERFECTLY!!:thumbsup:

@cowpuc When someone mentioned BBQ I was thinking we need to get an area, set up a small tent, a couple of picnic tables and cook and sell hotdogs, also put in a bike parking lot, give a discount to those that are members here. It would be a lot of fun meeting all those people.

A couple of churches ago, I had a guy that bought produce for Whole Foods, well perfectly good food would get thrown away because it didn't look right. We took the food to a local flea Market, Exit 5 off I-75 in Lake Park, GA, my daughters would sell and take the money, I would talk to all the interesting people, and we would usually make about 1500.00 a day in profits. It amazed me selling tomatoes for .25 cents and making that much money, we sold other things too.

I like meeting interesting folks, probably why I ride a motorcycle

127? Michigan? ,,, 127 in Michigan,,, 127 in Michigan,,,, :think:,, :scratchchin:,, where have I heard of that before :scratchchin:,,,,,, oh yea,,, now I remember -

HOT DOGS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a Puc's MGnEM not to far off 127 in Michigan!!:7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]::900[1]::15_8_211[1]::Im not listening to:fatsmiley::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::Im not listening to:fatsmiley::dancefool::dancefool:

:lightbulb:,,,,,, all you Southners can now just follow the yard sale signs up to a Puc's MGnEM - leave your GPS's and maps at home, have room for more junk = free :guitarist 2:, :banana:, :Im not listening to and :fatsmiley: at the end of the rainbow for all you yard salers!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks Dragon Slayer for the free advertising opportunity - fits the theme of my MGnEM's PERFECTLY!!:thumbsup:

Cool:bluesbrother: maybe I'll get to try one of them world famous hot dogs. Where is your shindig in relationship to the end or beginning of this yard sale. It would be the end for me since imma going south to north. You thinking on Sunday 7th which would be at the.end of that thing.

I'm thinking about planning all day Monday to get me back where I belong.:12101:

Cool:bluesbrother: maybe I'll get to try one of them world famous hot dogs. Where is your shindig in relationship to the end or beginning of this yard sale. It would be the end for me since imma going south to north. You thinking on Sunday 7th which would be at the.end of that thing.

I'm thinking about planning all day Monday to get me back where I belong.:12101:

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: AWESOME!!:dancefool::dancefool:

Ahhh ohh,, looking at that time frame again Bob,, that's Sturgis and the Pie Butt 26.2 time:Bunny2::bawling:... If my health is at all co-operative, we hope to be in South Dakota - my bad!!

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: AWESOME!!:dancefool::dancefool:

Ahhh ohh,, looking at that time frame again Bob,, that's Sturgis and the Pie Butt 26.2 time:Bunny2::bawling:... If my health is at all co-operative, we hope to be in South Dakota - my bad!!

Dang Puc, you dun got me all hepped up for them world famous hot dogs and now you are skidadling to Sturgis on me. Whas up wid dat?

Dang Puc, you dun got me all hepped up for them world famous hot dogs and now you are skidadling to Sturgis on me. Whas up wid dat?

Man can not live on those delicious Hot Dog's alone brother - gotta be a couple pieces of Blue Line Diner pie and some Sturgis star gazing in there once in a while too!! :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon: