IGNORED

Windshield swirls

I use a polish manufactured by GRC chemicals which is what aircraft use on their windscreens. It imparts a minor cutting, along with polishing action removing minor imperfections and nothing sticks to it. It's been suggested Lemon "Pledge" is a great cleaner and it will fill minor imperfections but it's a temporary thing. Used to use the product all the time polishing homebuilt aircraft canopy's till I went into the Navy and found this stuff.

A quality car polish does a lot of good. I have "recovered" some pretty bad shields with meguiar's cleaning wax, if it's over all bad I use the car buffer and wool pad, an occasional spritz of water from an old windex bottle so it doesn't get too dry while polishing. buff then apply high quality car wax after for best results.

We used plexus in the air force on our windshields. I have used it on bike windshields and its the same stuff they sell to deglaze yellowing headlights.

We used to get that in the Navy also and it did work well. It went on like a liquid wax and you let it haze then buffed it off IIRC. The stuff I now use is a spray goes on white, dries clear then buffed off. Does a great job on plastic canopy's of light aircraft which usually don't use glass windscreens.