IGNORED

Need Rear Brake Rotor

EBC wants over $200 for Venture brake rotors. I am skeptical of the EBC listing because they say all three rotors are the same . . . They are NOT

BTW: I found a used rear brake rotor at a local motorcycle salvage for $50. Sometimes I get lucky!

EBC wants over $200 for Venture brake rotors. I am skeptical of the EBC listing because they say all three rotors are the same . . . They are NOT

BTW: I found a used rear brake rotor at a local motorcycle salvage for $50. Sometimes I get lucky!

Did you use a micrometer and check the thickness. I just changed mine and if I remember correctly 5mm is minimum thickness. BTW ended up getting one from EBC from ebay.

So has anyone contacted EBC and asked them about the discrepancy? Those catalogs are printed in the smallest font known to man and I bet they are not researched for every edition.

Dunno but about 8 years ago I bought EBC's all the way around and they fit fine! The fronts are the same, just matters which way you bolt them on...

The Gen 1 MKI ('83 - '85) has 298mm rotors on the front and rear.

The Gen 1 MKII ('86 - '93) has a 320mm rotor on the rear and 282mm rotors on the front.

Edited by GaryZ

Did you use a micrometer and check the thickness. I just changed mine and if I remember correctly 5mm is minimum thickness. BTW ended up getting one from EBC from ebay.

The rear rotor of a Gen 1 MKII is 320mm and 5mm. Page 6-12 of my manual specifies the minimum as 4.5mm.

The rear rotor of a Gen 1 MKII is 320mm and 5mm. Page 6-12 of my manual specifies the minimum as 4.5mm.

i wouldn't worry about that too much, the .5mm limit is the same on the MKI and they had vented rotors, the solid rotors on the MKII are pretty well safe until the pads start wearing excessively

• 3 weeks later...