IGNORED

Looking for parts

DragonRider

Slowly been putting things back in order that were missing from my 87, the only thing I need now is a water temp sending unit, cant find one on ebay, so hoping someone here might have one laying around. Be glad to pay a fair price and shipping for it. The temp gauge worked intermittently for a while but now nothing. Or if your in need of something spare that I have we can do a trade. :smile5:

Wassup Fozzie!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Gonna go do a little diggin and see if Tweeks temperature taker will fit an 87,,,, if so I got cha covered brother!! Last guy I helped out I asked him to just kick in a few bucks to our Kids at St. Judes as payment... In your case,, :think:,,, :uk2::scratchchin:,,,, just keep doing what your doing for those little ones and we'll call it even my kind hearted friend!! :happy34:

Be right back...

I am thinking it will work.. Fozzie, on the 83's - the temp sending unit is the first sending unit you would see if you were standing on the right side of the scoot and looking at the sending units - the second one is the fan control.. Does this sound familiar to you? Gonna go pull the sending unit - take a quick snap shot and post it here before I find a little box to send the sender to you:sun1:...

one other thing to check is to make sure the connection for the wire is clean and tight. On my 89 it is a pin on the back of the sending unit and not a spade connector and it had a loose connection with intermittent connection. I reshaped the connector and cleaned the pin and connector and that seemed to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

one other thing to check is to make sure the connection for the wire is clean and tight. On my 89 it is a pin on the back of the sending unit and not a spade connector and it had a loose connection with intermittent connection. I reshaped the connector and cleaned the pin and connector and that seemed to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

Dahhhh,, believe you are correct Cim = my bad,, thinking I pulled the wrong one out of the loose manifold they screw into :doh:... Last time I had issues with the gauge on an 83 it was a loose connection at the terminal like you said AND as I remember - it too was the pin connector, not the spade:doh:

Thank you for jumping in here and correcting me before Lewis saw this and harrassed me endlessly for my dorkiness :smash2:

Ok Puc , here is a picture of the 87, there are 2 different connectors. 1 is a single pin plug like the one you show, the other is a 2 blade connector. The fan works as it should, so I need the one that transmitts the temp to the guage. The 83 is a different set up. So I guess it has to be specific to the Gen 2 type.

Wassup Fozzie!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Gonna go do a little diggin and see if Tweeks temperature taker will fit an 87,,,, if so I got cha covered brother!! Last guy I helped out I asked him to just kick in a few bucks to our Kids at St. Judes as payment... In your case,, :think:,,, :uk2::scratchchin:,,,, just keep doing what your doing for those little ones and we'll call it even my kind hearted friend!! :happy34:

Be right back...

temp unit 004.jpg

No Foz,, Cimmer is correct and I screwed up - the smaller of the two - the one with the single pin connector (one on the left that you have circled in the picture) IS the temp sending unit. The blade terminal one that I had taken a pic of is a single blade fan switch for an 83 - the one on the right in your pic that has two blade terminals is your fan switch. This makes sense because if you check a parts fiche for the two bikes it does show different part numbers for the Fan Switch (different Prefix before the part number) and I bet cha yours having two blade connectors and mine only having one is the reason why.. THE TEMP SENDING UNIT IS THE SAME NUMBER SO THE UNIT I HAVE IN MY HAND SHOULD WORK FINE - SEE PIC.

PM me your address Lewis and I will stick it in the mail for you..

DSCN2963.JPG

Hey Puc!! Ya reckon with all the Hot Air Fozzie Bear puts out it just has that sender so cornfused it just don't know what kind of signal to send out???:think::Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

:scratchchin:,, I'd be careful talking smack on the Fozzy DanL'... I seen that lop eared varmint boogy once - trying to catch another one of you southner's and can tell ya, that Bear can scoot:scared:!!!!

:lightbulb:,,, probably should not have written that little note inside the sending unit package,,,, :think: he sees that and gets any where near Michigan on any of his travels,,,, hope I got my running shoes on at the time!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Speaking of the package @DragonRider ,,, should be there Tuesday,, USPS tracking number is 9500 1121 2687 6183 0024 91 ,,, wowzy thats a bunch of numbers :biker:

Hope it works PERFECT and that 87 leads you folks up to Michigan sometime for a Hot Dog outing!!! :thumbsup:

PS - THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THOSE ST. JUDES LITTLE ONE'S - YOU DA BEAR,,, I MEAN - YOU DA MAN!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Southerner?? What ya gotta go calling me names for??? WEST by GOD Puc! WEST!! We booted Virginia out when we had that big Squabble. :Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:

Sorry bro,, I got a bad habit of calling anyone south of my home a Southerner, East of my home an Eastener, West of my home a westerner and North of my home frostbit.. It's a lot easier on my pea brain if I do it this way... :big-grin-emoticon:

LMAO!! It don't make no difference. Being in the middle I can claim whichever I need at the time. Had a Lt Col. Woods that rode for Lee. And also had a Medal of Honor winner (Pfc. Daniel Woods) for the north!!! I go both ways!!!

And that Fozzie is quick!! I couldn't catch him. And the bear suit had me fooled!!

LMAO!! It don't make no difference. Being in the middle I can claim whichever I need at the time. Had a Lt Col. Woods that rode for Lee. And also had a Medal of Honor winner (Pfc. Daniel Woods) for the north!!! I go both ways!!!

And that Fozzie is quick!! I couldn't catch him. And the bear suit had me fooled!!

:scared:Those awesome American relatives of yours are AMAZING DanL but,, I gotta tell ya - my friend Yammer Dan the Nam war vet :usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:is JUST as amazing and fits the American Hero :325::325::325::325: slot in my brain right beside them or ANY other persons who have fought for our way of life!! :thumbsup:

One last thing to check. Since the housing isn't grounded there's a brown wire running over to the frame. They will corrode. Clean it up and see what happens.... Don't forget the frame too... :)

:clap2:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You related to this dude Yammer.....???

Pvt. Daniel A. Woods (1st West Virginia Cavalry) captured the battle flag of the 18th Florida Infantry (CSA) at Sailors Creek, Virginia, on 6 April 1865.

That's pretty awesome! Some family tree you got there.