IGNORED

Bluetooth

GREAT. That would do it. I will probably do that because we use Pandora almost exclusively and it will be great to not have to worry about the cable. I wonder if the Bluetooth reception would be OK if it is mounted inside the fairing?

The CB still works if you are streaming your phone through the AUX so it should work fine. Now I'm talking about still using my wired headsets, that doesn't change. This would just be used to connect the phone to the aux without a cable.

GREAT. That would do it. I will probably do that because we use Pandora almost exclusively and it will be great to not have to worry about the cable. I wonder if the Bluetooth reception would be OK if it is mounted inside the fairing?

It should work just fine inside the fairing. I have a bluetooth receiver hanging on the wall of my garage connected to my old pioneer stereo, I have outdoor speakers on the patio and I can walk around the back yard with my phone in my pocket while it's streaming. The range on that particular receiver is listed as 50ft in the manual, but in actuality it is much greater than that, even through the garage wall.

The CB still works if you are streaming your phone through the AUX so it should work fine. Now I'm talking about still using my wired headsets, that doesn't change. This would just be used to connect the phone to the aux without a cable.

Was thinking it would be for people with bluetooth headsets (eg Senna). Pair between bikes and rider/passenger.

Everything on my sound system goes through the auxiliary input. I have a multi port booster that my GPS, XM, and my Bluetooth plugs into. I can now listen to my XM radio, hear GPS instructions, talk on my cell phone, and now listen to my iPod through my headsets. And my CB and intercom all still work perfect. Only thing that doesn't work is my am-fm radio and cassette, which I never listen to anyway.

Bill

This, unfortunately won't work with a phone or the CB as there is no way to get the helmet microphone connected through to the mic input. Otherwise, for streaming music from a bluetooth enabled smartphone/iPod, looks great.

RR

Got this done today. It was supposed to come on Friday but showed up today. Was waiting for it before I split the fairing to hook up the GPS so once I got here, I go it all done. Works very well. Great product. The only problem is that the allen head bolt for the light bar stripped before it got tight and I spent about an hour getting it out to install new bolts. No more allen head bolts for the light bar. I had the same problem on the '99 and thought about it before putting it back on but decided it would be OK. Huge mistake. But....it's all done now and I'm very happy with the results.

I was just looking at Amazon to pick one of these up and do it myself when I saw this review! Made me think about how you guys have installed this, if this isn't installed to a switched power source it will always be on. Not sure what kind of draw it would have, but I'm sure it could kill the battery if the bike was parked for an extended stay.

Just something to think about:

Warning - Unsuitable for Constant 12v Source - Parasitic Battery Drain Risk, March 30, 2016

By

Edgar

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth Audio Receiver (Electronics)

The product description omits a material fact which could put your car battery at risk of being drained. The receiver does not enter low power mode after disconnecting from a bluetooth source. This is not necessarily an issue if the receiver is connected to an ignition source or accessory source. Why? Because the power to the device is cut once you remove the key from the ignition. However, if the receiver is connected to a constant or quasi-constant (e.g. sleep mode disables power) source, it could drain the battery.

I discovered the above issue shortly after installation in my foreign car. I tapped into the 12v cigarette lighter in my arm rest console. The cigarette lighter is a quasi-constant power source. It remains on until the car enters sleep mode (which occurs several after ignition source turned off, and power draw is below a certain threshold). The cigarette light socket was ideal because of its close proximity to the AUX port. I took the key out of the ignition, locked the car with the remote, and went out of bluetooth range for about an hour. I was surprised to find that the receiver automatically connected to my phone when I came back in bluetooth range. My car was unable to enter sleep mode because of the high power drain from the receiver.

• 1 month later...