IGNORED

Rear Passenger seat/backrest

I am looking to see if anyone has ever played around with the idea of moving the passenger backrest closer to the driver????

my wife is a petite woman and when she sits in the seat she feels like there is so much room between the back of me and her, keep in

mind she is not all that thrilled about riding, so I am trying to come up with ideas on how to make her more comfortable in the seat.

I was going to just move the trunk/backrest forward a bit and get a drivers backrest , hopefully that would help....

is there a different seat combination out there that sits the passenger and driver closer together???

First off, welcome to the site, not everybody dares to enter here, but now that you have, you might find it hard to leave.

The title had me a little confused, 'rear passenger' so I thought to take a look to see what somebody has done.

I do feel your pain though and can understand the issue.

A drivers backrest would be good for you and help her situation at the same time. The other thing that comes to mind would be arm rests for her to give her a somewhat of a closed in feeling.

Yes, my first question is going to be, are you the original owner of the bike?? I'm thinking probably not, you just bought it used. That being the case there is a possibility the previous owner had moved the trunk back. There are two positions for the trunk with the existing holes, one set places the trunk about an inch or so further back than the stock position. A backrest will limit her seating space a little in the front, sooo it may make her feel closer to you even though she isn't. YOU will enjoy the backrest regardless! Yes, armrests will make her FEEL more secure but just about all the armrests swing out. It's a shame our member Carbon One stopped making his armrests, they were hinged to swing up, not out. MUCH more secure!! I'm sure if your navigator were to lean on her armrest and it started to swing out it would be very unnerving if not downright dangerous!! They do give a person a feeling of being securely surrounded though as well as being a creature comfort.

Welcome aboard!! We're glad to have you with us!!!

Suggest you check the trunk first as Bongo mentioned. That will help alot. Should be some pictures on the site and a "How to" thread as well.

Second, my wife/mate is petite as well....and she made a simple round "tube" made of foam and a sunbrella type material. Gives her some pressure on lower back.

My lady turned down the idea of backrests...doesn't like to feel trapped.

IMG_20160510_084214_104.jpg

You could also look at the Corbin passenger backrest. It wraps around a bit and that might make her feel more secure. My wife loves it because it gives her a place to rest her elbows also.

Yep, try and find her a Corbin Backrest. My wife loves it too!

Craig

Well in looking at the Corbin web site...they don't have anything to support her lower back. That is her complaint...hence the round pillow and foam I can stuff in between the travel trunk and the seat back giving her even more support on lower back.

Wonder if I can make something that will screw in place of the wiring cover and offer support. Have to think this through...