IGNORED

A Bucket List Trip. Or how I will spend my summer.....

The Tooch

How do I go to Blog??? :think:Yeah I'm gonna move into this century any day now!!:backinmyday: But I got a 2nd Gen and look what it done to me!!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Dan just go to the 1st post of this thread.....there is a link just click on it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you guys avoided all those Nadoes out there Dave,, been thinking of the four of you and keeping up with your blog! Looks like your having a blast cutting a trail thru some pretty good rain!! Kind of strange to think about but it wont be long now and you guys will actually have to stop and BUY water - those FANTASTIC dry desert breezes will no longer automatically refill your water bottles for you :big-grin-emoticon:!

Glad all is going well, THANKS for keeping us updated about your AWESOME Epic Journey!!! :thumbsup:

Glad you guys avoided all those Nadoes out there Dave,, been thinking of the four of you and keeping up with your blog! -----

Glad all is going well, THANKS for keeping us updated about your AWESOME Epic Journey!!!

Ditto!

You guys are definitely having issues with geography.

From the Day 2 blog entry:

"This was taken after crossing the Mississippi River from Indiana into Iowa.":think:

From the Day 3 blog entry:

"Anyways, on to today. We started out in Keokuk, IL.":doh:

As for seeing my tractor; we farm an extensive area, but nowhere near US 136.:big-grin-emoticon:

Keep the rubber down Dave. Have fun!

Looking at Tooches ride map I betcha those wet riding clothes are starting to dry out pretty good about now!!! Drink lots of water brother and check your riding boots for scorpions before you slip your tootsies in there :big-grin-emoticon:

WOW ZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW Tooch!!!! The comment about the views getting better and better around every corner is SO perfect - THOSE PICS ARE GORGEOUS!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awesome ride brother - THANK YOU FOR INCLUDING US!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Well Good.... Wish ya had called. I had the RSV in Phoenix until tonight. Could have met you up in Flagstaff. Glad you enjoyed rt 89 in AZ. Cool road along the cliffs to Marble Canyon and then down to Flagstaff!

Be safe and enjoy the heat coming your way tomorrow!!

Well Good.... Wish ya had called. I had the RSV in Phoenix until tonight. Could have met you up in Flagstaff. Glad you enjoyed rt 89 in AZ. Cool road along the cliffs to Marble Canyon and then down to Flagstaff!

Be safe and enjoy the heat coming your way tomorrow!!

Hey Dave

Yes I did think about you but one of the other guys was having a problem with his brakes on his GoldWing. It had gone in for warranty work on a recall Honda had on the brakes just before we left. His brakes were getting really spongy and we figured they hadn't bled the lines properly. So he needed to get it into a dealer to have it looked after before we hit all those switchbacks in Jerome. So we didn't know how long we were going to get tied up at a dealer. Turned out they were great and looked after us real fast. Just a Ram mount on the master cylinder brake front leaver was causeing the problem.

If I had of known??!!!:confused24: Sorry I missed that chance to meet you.

JEROME :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:,,,, I LOVE JEROME!!! LOOKING GOOD OUT THERE BROTHERS!!

I can see why Puc it's an awesome town. Got to admit we have a bit of advantage when it comes to the best places to stay and eat........being all retire LOE's we just go find a local Brother and suck-up.......Cop's always know the best places to eat! :cop:

What a motorcycle road in an out of town with just incredible views, just a great ride. And the town it has so many interesting places, I'd go back in a heart beat.

Enjoying reading about your trip on the blog. Ride and stay safe !

How is the new bike handling the trip ?

Hey Don

I like it except it has to be the worst bike I've ever ridden in a cross wind, it is just a beast, I been fighting her a lot. We have had some pretty good cross winds with the day time heating and the valley's and canyon roads we have been on. The wind just cuts down off the mountains. But the worst was the near tornadoes we rode through, all of us were getting blown around but I don't know how I kept the bike on the road. :yikes:

Hey Evan

I found this yesterday did you leave it behind on Route 66 ?!?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105643[/ATTACH]

Good thing that thing is air cooled - seems like all the anti freeze would leak out driving like that!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Hey Dave - looks like you fellers are having a BLAST out there!!! You get out on 1 in California and happen to find yourself in "Stewards Point" (North of Bodega Bay) you will see Skaggs Springs Road "T"ing into "1".. You guys will be doing yourselves a HUGE disservice if you dont jump on Skaggs Springs and chase it for at least 10 miles - that roadway should be a National Park.. Few mile in and turn around and ride it back out you guys will be :scared: - promise!!:thumbsup:

All the best brother!!:thumbsup:

Had a snowball battle on top of Pikes Peak in 1970 and went to the top of the biggest rock in "Garden of the Gods" without ropes or anything!!!

That would be some climb Dan! And the name "Garden of the Gods" you sure can see why it got the name just an amazingly beautiful place.

@The Tooch - Still following this AWESOME ride of yours brother!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It hit close to 90 here in Michigan today and we just had a major cool down come thru from your homeland.. Could not help but think of the major temp changes you 4 are experiencing on your EMA (Epic Motorcycle Adventure) - Colorado snowball fights, the dry HEAT of Death Valley/Vegas and now your up in the mists of Oregon :scared:.. Kind of mind boggling how things can change so much aint it?? How did the bikes do in the heat? How bout tires? Any of you guys needing a tire swap yet? It would be interesting to know what brand of rear tire each of you are running and how they compare.. You guys take care out there brother - have fun and be safe!!:thumbsup:

TELL YOUR BUDDY OL PUC SAYS THANKS FOR THE BLOG AND THE PICS - JUST BEAUTIFUL!!:thumbsup:

Hi Puc

Thanks for the feed back.....all the bikes have done well the 2 Wings are 2010's and both US models that were imported into Canada. The V-Strom is a 2015 & my bike is new of course, all of them were serviced & had new tires put on just before we left. So no issues so far, except for mine. I've been putting up with the OME Bridgestone Battle-Wing tires, they are an on road off road tire maybe a 20% off road 80% on road. So when pushed on road, the performance isn't quite there.....I'm trying to run with the Wings and the V-Strom which had a new set of straight road tires, Michelin Pilot 4's put on before we left. If I can find a dealer with a set of the Michelin's in stock to fit my bike I might just give them a try in the next day or so. Cause the 650 V-Strom is making me look bad! :sign67:

Hi Puc

Thanks for the feed back.....all the bikes have done well the 2 Wings are 2010's and both US models that were imported into Canada. The V-Strom is a 2015 & my bike is new of course, all of them were serviced & had new tires put on just before we left. So no issues so far, except for mine. I've been putting up with the OME Bridgestone Battle-Wing tires, they are an on road off road tire maybe a 20% off road 80% on road. So when pushed on road, the performance isn't quite there.....I'm trying to run with the Wings and the V-Strom which had a new set of straight road tires, Michelin Pilot 4's put on before we left. If I can find a dealer with a set of the Michelin's in stock to fit my bike I might just give them a try in the next day or so. Cause the 650 V-Strom is making me look bad! :sign67:

What da heck brother,, SUPER MOTARD THAT SUPER TEN - you guys aint doing no off roading anyway are ya? Just rip into the nearest bike shop and toss on some Shinko's or E3's or even Full Bores,,,, get those dirt tires off that sweet 10 of yours and put a whoppin on that Strom!!:Laugh:

PS - what kind of air pressure you running in those dual sport tires Dave? You keeping them at top pressure stated on sidewalls and checking them when they are cold?

Well Puc 11,588 on a set of Bridgestone Battlewing tires and they where toast.....the tires were so bad from the get go I was thinking that I would sell the bike when I got home and take my losses....I just thought this Bike is not for me.

Then I finally said I got to put on something else on this thing....well a set of MICHELIN Anakee III and I have a new bike, just amazing. The OME Bridgestone's were crap on the Venture and the OME Bridgestone's on the Tenere, for on road use at least, were just garbage. I also took the front tire from a 110 mm to a 100 mm seems to make it track better at slow speeds and grip much better when healed over in the corners. Had just a fun day today ridding the bike and not fighting with it trying to make it just ride, like I seemed to be always doing with the Battlewing's. I didn't have 2 miles on the Michelin's this morning and we set off in cool temps and rain, they handled great! And weren't scuffed in yet.

Bridgestone :rasberry: Michelin :happy34: Make's me want to keep this bike after all.

Well Puc 11,588 on a set of Bridgestone Battlewing tires and they where toast.....the tires were so bad from the get go I was thinking that I would sell the bike when I got home and take my losses....I just thought this Bike is not for me.

Then I finally said I got to put on something else on this thing....well a set of MICHELIN Anakee III and I have a new bike, just amazing. The OME Bridgestone's were crap on the Venture and the OME Bridgestone's on the Tenere, for on road use at least, were just garbage. I also took the front tire from a 110 mm to a 100 mm seems to make it track better at slow speeds and grip much better when healed over in the corners. Had just a fun day today ridding the bike and not fighting with it trying to make it just ride, like I seemed to be always doing with the Battlewing's. I didn't have 2 miles on the Michelin's this morning and we set off in cool temps and rain, they handled great! And weren't scuffed in yet.

Bridgestone :rasberry: Michelin :happy34: Make's me want to keep this bike after all.

OUTSTANDING BROTHER!!! Now go out there and wipe the smirk off that V-Stroms face Toochman :big-grin-emoticon: