IGNORED

before you dis-own or hate me...

I'm looking into a different set of handlebars. I know it's not the norm for the style of bike we ride but I have been very fond of the look. I'm afraid to say it cause half you are going to hit the back button on your browser. I think if I can figure out the length of hoses and cables I need I'm ordering a set of 10" bobber style ape hangers :)

here is a picture I found of a Harley and the different heights of what I'm looking for.

f09bbc2d809b37aa318413df150b2103.jpg

IF you are only going 10" then you only need an additional 2" longer cables and hoses and purchasing cables and hoses for an RSTD will give you that 2" additional length.

There ya go! It wouldn't be the same distance as the rise because the hoses and cables are not clamped onto the bars but dangle in free space so it would be more like figuring out a complex triangle with the hoses and cables being the hypotenuse of the triangle...

The Indian dealer near here had an RSV they took on trade, it had mini apes on it , I sat on it and really liked the feel of them! Didn't ride it but it felt like it would be comfortable. The grips were just below shoulder height and slightly wider than stock bars.

I would love to find some pictures of this. I was searching around and saw a few on the forums but the angles didn't show much detail.

eagleeye those are what I have been researching and my only concern is the knurling being correct for the rsmv clamps. I read the knurling on these handlebars is 3 1/2" on center.

ace I looked up and cables and hoses for the rstd from Yamaha parts warehouse will run me around $200 shipped. Are these going to give me the slack I need or are they going to still look tight. And what about the electrical, do you think I will have to lengthen the switch housing harnesses?

thanks for the replies and direction

Edited by Great adVENTURE

I built a set of custom risers for my RSV that gave me an additional 4 1/2" of height over stock. All I did is buy a set of RSTD throttle cables, front brake line and clutch line off of ebay and I run them the same locations as stock and nothing is tight. There is plenty electrical cable inside the fairing to accommodate taller bars, just need to get into the fairing to clip the ties and pull what you need, then re tie-wrap.

If I remember correctly one of the members of the Delphi Board installed a set of THESE on his RSV and the OEM cables fit. I leaning on putting a set on the '04 trike just to get the grips off the top of my thighs. I might also add they looked great. And.... Also the bend breaks right at the bottom edge of the dash....

Condor I was worried the width where it clamps down being 12" was to wide and would hit the tank turn from lock to lock.

The guy that put a set on his didn't mention that issue. Wish I'd saved the pic he posted.. Take the bike and turn the bars to the lock and take a look. I'm not sure what the OEM bars have as a center spread, but see if the wider?? distance will effect the tank. As far as the grips go they will be higher than the stock position.

I think those are the ones?? I saved 'm this time... :-) Thanks for finding it....

OK after reading the post I have my doubts. The mod I saw used 10" Krome Werks, no riser. I'd still be interested if someone have a set of OEM's who could put a tape on them for the spread at the neck.

Edited by Condor

• 2 weeks later...

I called and talked with Flanders last year and this is the number he gave me: 650-08093

BUT they are not wide enough for my RSTD. Maybe for the Venture? He did say the knurling was the correct width, but I'd check it out.

I have been looking at that model bar and the z bar they offer. Problem is when mounted the fairing makes you mount them on an angle that pushes them towards you rather than upward. Im still in the planning stage trying to gather as many pictures I can to make my decision easier.