IGNORED

Led Spinny tail light...anybody tried it?

Guest Coasty

Sometimes more is just too much. When I see those flashing brake lights on motorcycles as I drive or ride, I don't get the feeling that it is making me or them any safer, it is more like "ohhh, look at the pretty flashy thing" Kind of a minor hypnotized feeling.

OK, my wife will say it doesn't take a lot to entertain me sometimes, but if I want someone's attention as they come up behind me, I flash my brake lights myself and my own unique "pattern" is more attention grabbing than a repeating pattern. A pattern is almost instantly recognized as not being done by the rider, but by the device.

The best device to prevent getting run over from behind is your own attention to detail and what is going on around you.

I would like to see a study of drivers to see if this type of device really does make people stop sooner or wake up from a daydream. My guess is no.

The best device to prevent getting run over from behind is your own attention to detail and what is going on around you.

Well, i thought that the Best Device to avoid getting run over from behind is the twist on the Throttle Grip ? ?

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Other than this, i second your Statement

Guest Coasty

After further investigation I don't believe this particular led bulb will be what I want. On the RSTD the bulb mounts vertical. In order for the led spinney bulb to be effective it should mount horizontal with the led's facing to the rear....not up. As far as does it make others notice you....well I agree that is a debateable subject but IMHO the more lights the better. Al least it make me feel better. Thanks for the input.

Well, i thought that the Best Device to avoid getting run over from behind is the twist on the Throttle Grip ? ?

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Other than this, i second your Statement

Absolutely, attention to what's going on around you and the Throttle, providing you have room to get away from the guy behind you.

Jerry

I understand and appreciate the twist on the throttle comment, and took it as intended, but I was thinking in terms of sitting in traffic at a stop light or when blocked in and someone is coming up from behind. Twisting on the throttle isn't always possible or safe.

Otherwise though, I LOVE twisting the throttle of my Gen I! LOL