IGNORED

re programming ignitec for a 91

The wiring is also different. the 86 uses 4 pickups the 90-93 use a single one. You should be able to reflash the unit if you have all the software that was sent with the Ingitech unit. I have a unit for a 91 and am looking for the cables for an 86-89 unit, maybe we can work out a trade. Let me know.

Rick F.

• 3 months later...

OK guys I have the software but thought all I needed a USB cable, I can't find the one Gary sent of course...is there something special for the Ignitec I got from Gary? He programmed it for my 83.5 which is sadly no longer capable of running...

Here is the latest that Dingy had in Sept 2015. They are more recent than what came on the cd in 2013

Because some internet security software will prevent downloading EXE files Dingy sent the program file out as a RENAME file.

Step Number 1 Convert/rename the 140905a_tcpi4A_V88.RENAME to 140905a_tcip4A_EXE

This is a simple operation.

1. Create a folder and name it Ignitec Files. You can do this on your desktop. Right Click any open space on your desktop and select NEW then select Folder then name it Ignitec Files. If you have trouble naming the New Folder don't sweat it "New Folder " will work fine for what we are doing. Just don't forget what it is.
  2. Now click and download this 140905a_tcpi4A_V88.RENAME and save it to your new folder named "Ignitec Files"
  3. Right click on the file you just downloaded and select Rename
  4. You can type in the new name 140905a_tcip4A_EXE or simply change the .RENAME to .EXE

Step Number 2 Click and download the Instructions for loading program into TCI and then follow Dingy's instructions.

Step Number 3 Click and download the appropriate file for your bike

Be sure to save all of the downloaded files to the same location . This is where you will look for them when loading the program

83-89 Venture - V88 program.ign

85-89 VMax - V88 program with V-boost.ign

85-89 VMax - V88 program.ign

90-93 Venture - V88 program.ign

Printed Instructions that Dingy enclosed with the Ignitec TCI in 2013

Edited by yamagrl
Add printed instructions

Most likely it will not work. You can stitch only the ignition map. You cannot stitch logical part of the program. Also to you having had to change wires. You can be helped only by Ignitech (

This is what Dingy sent to me last year. I have not updated mine yet because I have been happy with the performance performance of the program that Dingy loaded during the group buy. I do plan to load the new program and ignition files soon. I'm off next week so I will likely do it then and I'll post about my result and my opinion about the update.

Dingy's instructions says how to load the new program so I'm presuming it the updated files will work with the TCI's that he sold to us.

@Black wing have you loaded it yet? What are the results?