Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but have spent much time on the Delphi Kawasaki Nomad forum.

I sold my 05' Nomad and recently loaded a 87' Venture Royale on my trailer . I really wanted a full dresser anyway! The bike belonged to a good friend of mine and has spent the last 5 years in a chicken coop gathering both dust and rust. With 79,000 miles on the odometer I added some fuel and a fresh battery, hit the start button and she fired up. Won't idle yet but is starting to smooth out..

The mufflers are gutted and covered with rust from the header pipes back. In fact most of the chrome is pitted from the chicken manure ammonia.

Is there a source for a complete aftermarket exhaust system which also does away with the collector?

I have all the electrics working properly except for the compressor which is more than likely a bad connection at the rear of the board .

One more item in which I have not looked at closely....hard to find neutral while running , not a problem with the switch off...there is a good amount of play in all the shift linkage. Is that available?

And lastly, Is there a good source for aftermarket parts for the 87' Venture like there is for the Goldwings?

Oh, I live in Southern Pennsylvania..

Regards Dave

Welcome Dave for aftermarket stuff unless its general fittign stuf you will have to look here and Ebay. altohu alot stuff like grips and pegs ect are universal.

here are some places

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/products.htm#1st%20Generation

http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=82

http://jardine.rideshop.com/catalog/default.php?manufacturers_id=219

:smile11:

Hi dave, whereabouts in Southern Pa are you, I am south of Reading. I just sold an 87, I think your best bet for parts is either the classifieds on this site, or Ebay, There are alot of guys with 1st gens on here, and a wealth of both knowledge and parts. Good luck with the re-build. Craig

Welcome to the best bike forum on the web. If you can't find the information or help you need regarding the classic 1st generation Venture here, it can't be found. Like most have said, look at ebay and the classifieds for many items. Good luck and enjoy a truly great bike.

Welcome Dave. For the idling issue you may want to add a can of SeaFoam carb cleaner to the tank and run it through. The stuff really works wonders. Most Advance and AutoZone stores carry it and I think Wal-Mart does too. A white can with red lettering in the fuel injector cleaner section. You may have to repeat this another time.

Welcome Dave, With your idle problem, you might want to check for air leaks around the carbs and double check the plugs on the sync tubes as they will crack and are hard to see unless you move them a bit. I had this on my 89 Venture that had been sitting in a garage for 5 years before I purchased it. On bleeding your brakes, be aware there is a bleeder between the front of the tank cover and the steering head. I had missed this one when I first bleed mine and it makes a difference. Also the left front and the rear brake is link together. I would suggest if you havent yet, download the service manual from the site here and it will help you alot with the maintenance on your ride. Enjoy the bike, I know I sure enjoy mine. Rick F.

Hey, Dave,

Welcome to the best website family in existence. We lived Bedford for five years and what a beautiful part of the Country! If you ever make it down to San Antonio, let me know and we can get together.

Jim T