IGNORED

trunk lid adjust

Hey guys n gals:

I have a problem with my trunk lid opening just a tad too far if I open it all the way. What happens is the left side of the backrest hits the speaker grill on that side and I get a broken grill (repaired it twice now). So the question I have... Is there a way to stop the lid from opening that far? I know if I just lift it so far and let it down again I am fine because it is held up by a contraption on the left side but sometimes I just want to open it all the way..

HELP?

If you don't find a fix you can always put on a limiting strap. I am thinking of removing the mechanism completely. Adding a strap on both side to stop over opening and for less stress on the hinges to stop poss cracks.

What Don said but if I don't get aggressive it is fine.. If I lift it and let the mechanism hold it all will be fine.. Also we tweaked it just a little and now there seems to be a gap of about the thickness of a piece of paper so if I don't push on it and let it down gently it will be good.. Bike is almost all together so should be riding by the weekend weather permitting of course