IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day - Do we want to do it?

Freebird

:think: :innocent: :think: :confused07: :think: ...............Hey I got it :backinmyday: Lets have MD in Nova Scotia :cool10: Just bring your Hammer's and nail aprons and we can all work on my Daughters house :whistling: Except for Yammer :no-no-no: He will forget the hammer :doh: and start pounding nails with some part of his motorcycle :yikes:

Maybe he will remember the tent poles and use them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I get the job done!!:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday::backinmyday: I could melt that 2nd Gen down for Nails:think:

:lightbulb:You KNOW if you did that, Brown Sugar would probably pick up one of those nails and you'ld have a flat tire on the way to MD or something :big-grin-emoticon:.. Might be better off just to finish Silver up, give er a hug, tell er how purdy she is and head for parts unknown bro!!:thumbsup:

Don't say rain :buttkick: The ride home last year was one of the most miserable rides I've ever taken ! Cold, wet, wind, lightning, dark.

Don't matter,,, I'll be there to do it all again :big-grin-emoticon:

Paint is way overrated,,, if ya paint it then you have to wax and polish it , sounds like way too much work for such an old guy. Just shoot it with truck bed liner and be done with it :happy34:

:lightbulb:

:lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

:doh::doh::doh::doh: we coulda takin some of our old huntin clothes and coated em with truck bed liner Raggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rain2::rain2::rain2::rain2::rain2::rotf:

Hey Who is this old Guy???:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday: And a Expert like me has to have his brush to do a job like this!!!:backinmyday: I once painted a 67 Flymouth with a sponge!!! From 50 ft away it looked great!!:fatsmiley:

:scared: we really are brothers :scared:

I once had 66 Plymouth I bought for 25 bucks (scrap price back then) because the tops of the front fenders were rusted right out - you literally could watch the tires spin thru the tops of the fenders while going down the road.. Now,, not that I minded the look so much but muddy Spring roads in Michigan combined with open top fenders on a 66 Barracuda means your gonna be going thru 6 sets of wiper blades a week and there was no way I could afford that..

Ripped some insulation out of an old shed, mixed up a batch of resin, coated up the fenders with a home brew fiberglass patch and painted the finish product with a sponge and some brown (rest of the car was Yellow) latex interior house paint.... Stopped the mud water and looked pretty dog gone snazzy too!!:thumbsup:

My parents bought an old 44 willis jeep when I was little and the paint was looking a bit ragged. Let's say there was a bit of rust in places..... Mom wanted Dad to get the rust out of the body and work towards restoring it. Dad being older was starting to have some health issues he didn't already have said he wasn't putting more money and time into bodywork to restore a farm vehicle. So Mom went to the library and checked out books on automotive bodywork, learned how to remove the rust and loose paint with Dad's tools and set herself to work on that. She asked Dad to give her money to paint the Jeep, he refused to buy automotive paint, so she bought some sort of high gloss exterior paint and some quality brushes. Mom repainted the jeep by hand in an army style green, absolutely no brush strokes and a shine most car owners would envy. Dad said the paint would come off in no time since it wasn't meant for cars. But you know, when they sold the jeep some 15 yrs later it still looked as good that day as it did when she painted it. It was one of the things she felt accomplished about.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk