IGNORED

It's getting closer and closer!!

tazmocycle

WELL!! HERE I SIT ANOTHER YEAR OLDER AND STILL HAVE A LOT TO DO!! 62 yrs old and trying to get my stuff in order to see when I maybe able to retire. would like to in about 4 yrs so I can do a little traveling around to the states I haven't been to yet. done about 38 states, and want to do at less 49 and some of Canada before I give it up! been busy getting house finished. doing upgrades to save money on hvac, upkeep of outside and yard work. have several projects I have been wanting to do over the last few yrs but may have to get rid of some. maybe selling a few things in the near future to lighten the load I put on myself. susan has been wanting to get some kind of small sports car to take some trips in so we can relax while doing it, but I'm more comfortable riding the bike than driving a car over a long distance, but have to take her comfort into mind as we do these. I'd also like to host another royal ride-in here so maybe we can see a lot of old friends and newbe's like in the old days before most didn't know much about these great bikes of ours. this has been one of the best things I have done in life, that has giving me much joy and happiness. ok enough of the sappy, looking forward to the coming yrs ahead and doing some great things, Don.

Right there with ya brother.. All the very very best to you and your wife as you sort thru the planning for retirement! Right on target with keeping mama happy, maybe a sports car would fulfill both your needs for comfort while touring:fingers-crossed-emo.. Tip and I been talking a lot about exactly what you are saying,, we are kinda thinking about a Jeep CJ with a small tear drop behind it for camping in - something we could drag even deeper into the mountains and be able to stay wayyyy out there for a few days on end (just aint room on our old 83 for a lot of food and water).. Can be kind of hard sorting thru all this next phase of life stuff BUT a man and his wife gotta do what we gotta do!!

We're all in it together my friend!!:big-grin-emoticon:

The best trick to a good retirement is doing it with someone you really enjoy being with. I really lucked out with finding Linda as we are so much alike and enjoying doing so many things together.

I have put over 150,000 miles on my Venture and Linda and I have enjoyed the time on it. But, this past year, we have put a bunch of enjoyable miles on our two Miatas. I put a hitch on the 96 and it did a great job taking the Time Out camper to Vogal. It has been a lot like the Venture in that about every time we stop somewhere, someone will make a nice comment.

Another great thing about Miatas is they are like old Ventures, having one that is 25 years old can be very dependable and pretty easy to work on. If you look around, you can find one for about the same price as a decent 1st gen Venture and later on, if you want to sell it, you can get your money back.

My biggest concern with the Venture is I am afraid I am going to hurt Linda over something minor. I still enjoy riding it, but in all honesty, at this point in my life, I think I am enjoying the Miata more and I never thought I would ever feel this way.

Randy

we have seen a few miatas and like the looks of them, and a friend had one for several years, till he totaled it. susan had a 280 z and really liked it, so I have looked at a few, but folks want too much for them. I've had 2 "68 firebirds, one I did a complete restore, brand new convertible top, but was offered too much money and a "69 chevelle for it, that was a good while back. have been looking at some lite wrecked cars, maybe fix 1 up for us,o'course susan don't want me to do that because of the time involved, but may get a friend in the business to help out.

thanks for the good wishes and maybe see y'all on the road!!

Don I was thinking of retiring last spring but didn't. I got the wife a new Mustang as she drives almost 100 miles to and from work each day. Turns out she doesn't like driving it. She says it is too hard on her knees getting in and out so I drive it and she the Explorer. I am going to retire at the end of May and then go to work on the Honey dos around the house. Then I may take up hunting and fishing again if I have the time. We would like to travel on the bike some but until she retires it will be limited to a week at a time.

Don I was thinking of retiring last spring but didn't. I got the wife a new Mustang as she drives almost 100 miles to and from work each day. Turns out she doesn't like driving it. She says it is too hard on her knees getting in and out so I drive it and she the Explorer. I am going to retire at the end of May and then go to work on the Honey dos around the house. Then I may take up hunting and fishing again if I have the time. We would like to travel on the bike some but until she retires it will be limited to a week at a time.

When you get ready this spring I can show you some of our great trout streams...... Might even find a empty bunk for ya. :Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:

• 2 weeks later...

Been hanging around here for the past few years and made it to the Cody get together, met great folks and have wanted to enjoy more runs and people. Running a business, having to work, really haven't been able to get away for more than a day or 2, and since I'm out west it's been impossible to attend events. Even though I have put 100g on the Venture it's just getting broken in. Earlier days (late 70's 80's 90's) I was able to ride the lower 49 and much of Canada and hankering to return, to show the wife, a few of the places she has missed. PROBLEM IS GETTING SOLVED SOON..she retires at the end of December and I'll follow up in May. Plans are set to hit the road in May, slowly making my way to Alaska, with her flying in for 3 or so weeks. Retuning to pick her up again at home to introduce her to the rest of America and retrace the 3 week honeymoon ride from 34 years ago. Spending a lot of time in the East. Will check the calendar here often and try to meet friends at different meet and greets. Returning home sometime in September so the wife can visit the kids in Oklahoma and Texas while I continue to ride and explore to return for winter in November. I'll be pulling a cargo trailer the first part and last part of the trip, then a pop up during the middle portion. We both love to tent or trailer camp, won't be in any hurry, and have been planning this retirement trip for over a year..Our lives together, has always been traveling on a MC and now we are going to have the time. Hoping to meet many of you on the road. Like reading about everyone's adventures they keep me close....way out West.

In December it'll be 11 years when I came home from work complaining about the pain in my right knee from 4 surgeries beginning in 1961 while in the Army. After a day at work I could barely push the accelerater on the truck to get home so my wife asked "why don't you retire ? " That was on a Wednesday and I said "show me on paper how I can and I will"

When I got home on Thursday evening everything was laid out on the table. When I went to work on Friday morning I told the boss that this was my last day and I'm going to retire. To my delight he said "why not start right now ? " I had to wait a few months for the paper work to catch up but Uncle Sam has been sending me a check every month since then and being handy I've been able to scratch around and find a few bucks every once in a while.

Never been happier - so bite the bullet and retire, take that cruise to Europe with your wife and enjoy - the results of procrastination are often regret