IGNORED

Short Little Jaunt to Finish Out the Riding Year - Colorado Springs

RedRider

My daughter was playing volleyball last Friday and Saturday in a tournament at Colorado College in CO Springs. Took off Thursday morning (40 degrees F) and stopped at my nephew's place that night - in Denver. 1005 miles in 16 hours 10 minutes (odometer miles - was probably about 980 GPS miles). Great weather the whole way (once it warmed up). And yes, Nebraska is really boring on I-80.

Friday morning a short run down to Springs and watched a couple of matches (Elmhurst College won both - yeah). Dinner with volleyball parents at a local brew house that had Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastard ON TAP!!! Yummm. Was overcast all day.

Woke up Saturday morning to overcast skies and periodic light rain. There was just one vb match Saturday so she was done by noon (lost Saturday). After saying goodbye to the VB parents, the team took off for Estes Park for some team building time. We parents were free to do whatever we wanted.

The sun came out........

So, I thought I would ride around a bit.

First - Pikes Peak

IMG_20151003_161142146-M.jpg

Then - Garden of the Gods

IMG_20151003_173835100_HDR-M.jpg IMG_20151003_180226700-M.jpg

Quick dinner and an early bedtime.

Woke up early Sunday morning to head home. Left at 5:49 am MT and pulled into my garage at 11:12 pm CT. 1111 miles (GPS miles) in 16 hours, 23 minutes. Weather in CO and western Nebraska was cold and raining. Glad I had my electrics along. About 3:00, the sun came out and I had to strip off several layers. Very nice riding for the balance of the way.

The Venture ran great the whole trip. Just wish the cruise control would set higher than 80.

Nice way to end the year. Time to break out the guns.

RR

Edited by RedRider

Sounds like a great time.

End the year?

I finally got my bike out of hibernation and burned out the last of last years gas in the last week. I'm just starting my riding season.....

But then to break out the guns........ I'm all for that. I'll be flying thru Fond Du Lac on the 11th headed north with a truck load of Pheasants to be released into the wild.

My daughter was playing volleyball last Friday and Saturday in a tournament at Colorado College in CO Springs. Took off Thursday morning (40 degrees F) and stopped at my nephew's place that night - in Denver. 1005 miles in 16 hours 10 minutes (odometer miles - was probably about 980 GPS miles). Great weather the whole way (once it warmed up). And yes, Nebraska is really boring on I-80.

Friday morning a short run down to Springs and watched a couple of matches (Elmhurst College won both - yeah). Dinner with volleyball parents at a local brew house that had Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastard ON TAP!!! Yummm. Was overcast all day.

Woke up Saturday morning to overcast skies and periodic light rain. There was just one vb match Saturday so she was done by noon (lost Saturday). After saying goodbye to the VB parents, the team took off for Estes Park for some team building time. We parents were free to do whatever we wanted.

The sun came out........

So, I thought I would ride around a bit.

First - Pikes Peak

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101897[/ATTACH]

Then - Garden of the Gods

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101898[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]101899[/ATTACH]

Quick dinner and an early bedtime.

Woke up early Monday morning to head home. Left at 5:49 am MT and pulled into my garage at 11:12 pm CT. 1111 miles (GPS miles) in 16 hours, 23 minutes. Weather in CO and western Nebraska was cold and raining. Glad I had my electrics along. About 3:00, the sun came out and I had to strip off several layers. Very nice riding for the balance of the way.

The Venture ran great the whole trip. Just wish the cruise control would set higher than 80.

Nice way to end the year. Time to break out the guns.

RR

WOW ZZZZ WOW WOW WOW Red,, THAT is AWESOME:178:!!!!!! GOTTA LOVE COLORFUL COLORADO guitarist%202.gifguitarist%202.gifguitarist%202.gif

Thank you for including us and not making us beg for :photographing:'s - you da man bro!!:thumbsup:

Sounds like a great time.

End the year?

I finally got my bike out of hibernation and burned out the last of last years gas in the last week. I'm just starting my riding season.....

But then to break out the guns........ I'm all for that. I'll be flying thru Fond Du Lac on the 11th headed north with a truck load of Pheasants to be released into the wild.

Hey Jeff,, spray some more salt water on the door hinges of those Canadian back doors while your up there will ya brother!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Glad you liked our city. great photos of the tourist attractions. Hope you left lots of $$$ here :biker:

A few at the Tilted Kilt and Hooters. The girls (daughter's team) had to go to bed early. Dads get to play.

Look forward to coming back and riding more of the beautiful area. Only had time for some quick hits.

RR