IGNORED

What gas mileage do you get ?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ssparks905

I have an '89 XVZ13DW with 1NL engine code. Can't read more than that with a flashlight and the plastic covers still installed. :scratchchin:

I get 33-35 MPG (US) regularly in my 16 mile comutes, half on the surface streets at 35 mph and half on the freeway at 55-65 mph.

I don't get out for longer rides :crying:. Just don't have the time.

code:

year:

very low:

low:

medium:

good:

very good:

excellent:

28-35mpg (UK)

33-40mpg (UK)

37-45mpg (UK)

42-50mpg (UK)

>48mpg (UK)

23-29 mpg (US)

27-33mpg (US)

31-38mpg (US)

35-42 mpg(US)

>40mpg (US)

>9.4l / 100km:

10.2-8.1l / 100km

8.6-7.1l / 100km

7.6-6.3l / 100km:

6.7-5.6l / 100km
XVZ12TK

26H00*

1983 -

Oldgold

CYCLE mag

XVZTDK
Has CLASS
31M00*DA

1983-

XVZ12L
V Royal
41R00*EA

1983-

XVZ12DL41V00*EA

1983-

greg_in_london

XVZ12KC2

47R00*DA

1984 ?-

XVZ12DKC2

47T00*DA

1984 ?-

XVZ12DN

59J ??1985

XVZ13

1986-7

XVZ13DS

1NL00*GA

1986-7

esaffley
cbmel

cbmel

XVS13DSC

1UN00*GA

XVZ13DTC:
California eec
1UN00*HA

1986-7

Gearhead

XVZ13DU

1NLEO*JA

1988-89

XVZ13DUC

1UNCO*JA

"

XVZ13U

2LWEO*JA

"

XVZ13UC

2LXCO*JA

"

XVZ13DA

1NLEO*LA

1990-93

XVZ13DAC

1UNCO*LA

Jimbob5

XVZ13DW

1NL or 1UMCO?

1988-?

BJB

ssparks905

Pappa Bear

XVZ13DA
(Canada)

1UMNO*LA

XVZ13
Germany

3JT

Squeeze

A spate of DW models here, except apparently with different engine numbers. All with good mpg, but Pappa Bear with the best. Where is everyone with the awful mileage - it's not juet me, but maybe with the cost of petrol at the moment they've mothballed their bikes ???

Edited by greg_in_london
removing automatically added edit/return marks

I bought bigin's bike a few weeks ago.

Just went on a three day rally with Charoits of Light in the upper Ozarks of Arkansas and Soutern Missouri. 98% all two lane back roads, 50 - 65 MPH - averaged 42 MPG US. On the way home to Ft Smith, Arkansas from Branson hit 25 + MPH head wind at 65-75 MPH and got 31 MPG (157 mile trip). These are geared so much lower than my Goldwing, hard for me to get use to.

Does anyone know of anyone that has put in higher gears?

OR Like mentioned earlier, different adjustment on carbs'?

Gary C

I've not heard of anybody doing it yet but I suppose you could install the rear end from a RSV. That would probably do what you want. The RSV is geared higher. I actually went the other way and installed the VMAX rear in my RSV to raiser the RPMs. I would send you mine to test except I traded it in on the VMAX rear.

Guest tessa c2

okay i had just checked mine out last week, and i was getting 10.5miles per litre, which is simulare to your quart, so multiply that by 4.45 for canadian gal works out to about 45.7 but these were no wind days for me, and my speed was about 65mph, due to rough roads

Not only is speed a major factor determining gas mileage but many forget ones actual style of riding.....How you take off from a stop or how you power out of a turn, how you pass a vehicle etc all are determining factors....I ride like an old man....because I am one :)

Hi Tessa C2

okay i had just checked mine out last week, and i was getting 10.5miles per litre, which is simulare to your quart, so multiply that by 4.45 for canadian gal works out to about 45.7 but these were no wind days for me, and my speed was about 65mph, due to rough roads

But do you know which model you have so I can add you to the table ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am getting 45 - 46 miles per imperial gallon pretty consistently since '05 on my 'blue '84 standard.

It is primarily highway mileage by the way, done in the 80 - 120 km/hr range.

I put my '05 - '08 mpg spreadsheet here for your interest.

Cheers,

Brian H.

Uxbridge Ont

Edited by 6m459
add a detail I left out originally

I just got back from a trip to Colorado, about 2500 mi round trip...I traveled at many different speeds crossing the Nevada and Utah deserts...It kind of surprised me that no matter what speed I traveled 70-80-and sometimes 90 mph I averaged 40MPG..sometimes 42 other times 38 but usually right at 40MPG..

I did hit some headwind in mid Nevada heading west coming home and my mileage dipped to 36-37...But other than that I averaged 40 mpg

I have a cosmetically well maintained Venture. but after looking into it the guy had no idea as to what he was doing. The carbs are so out of whack it's not funny. and I believe the boost sensor is dead as well.

My 83 is getting 33-35 mpg if I keep my right wrist out of the throttle. This is a mix of highway and city driving.. As soon as I can figure out how to get my bike 250 miles to squidley (and not working on a saturday and sunday) to sync up the carbs and get that correct I'll start measuring the gas mileage again.

I must be doing something right. My 83 is getting 48-50mpg and I use the throttle pretty hard since i modified my exhaust. (sounds goood!) hard to keep it under 80mph.

Was getting 42-45

The only thing I did was remove the top airbox cover and strapped two hacksaw blades over stock air cleaner, and I cut the tips off the exhaust and removed the baffles, then modified them (so it was'nt too loud) then I welded the baffles back in.

Sound and runs like a V-Max. Kind of some redneck engineering but it sure runs great.

Tracy.