IGNORED

Question about intercom

Saddle tramp

We have Scorpion modular helmets and Ed Set intercom components. With the face shields removed and the wind socks over the mics the wind noise is there and varies with conditions. With the face shields there is no wind buffeting noise and we notice that we aren't asking "What did you say"? all the time.

When I used the cell phone along with the Accuradio app through the auxiliary port on the radio the sound quality was poor and low. Recently downloaded an app with an equalizer and volume boost for my Android and increased the quality of the bike speakers and the head sets tremendously.

As far as hearing ambient sounds..........not so bad typically.......not so good whenever they're playin' Lynrd Skynrd's "They Call Me The Breeze"!! lol

We use UClear brand communicators. Wireless and no mic, boom or wired. The mics are part of the speakers. No buttons to push for live intercom, we each stream music from our own phone, answer our own phone calls, navigation from my phone comes through the speakers, can talk to other riders. I wear a modular and wife uses full face. Even with music pretty loud I can still hear traffic if need be. Cannot connect through to the bike CB but I rarely use it.

I think the big difference in sound is the speakers that mount in the helmets. I also have installed push to talk buttons on both the wife and my cords. They plug right in where the headset does then headset plugs into this cord. They are like $30-40 each. It helps with the woosh from wind when not talking. I still couldnt hear as well as I would like and turning up the volume just made more background noise. So I made a plug so I can use ear buds. This works great for me any ways.

if you have to buy all new equipment anyways, you might want to look into the SENA SMH 10. They are bluetooth and you can connect like 6 of them together. SO you can have you and your passenger, pus each can listen to whatever music source independant of eachother if you like different music.

We use UClear brand communicators. Wireless and no mic, boom or wired. The mics are part of the speakers. No buttons to push for live intercom, we each stream music from our own phone, answer our own phone calls, navigation from my phone comes through the speakers, can talk to other riders. I wear a modular and wife uses full face. Even with music pretty loud I can still hear traffic if need be. Cannot connect through to the bike CB but I rarely use it.

We also use the Uclear for our rides, they work great, my CB doesn't work since I bought our bike, one day I hope to have it working just haven't got to it yet, it always say CB error......would be nice for group rides to have the CB. For us when we are out on the bike the Uclear is what we need .

Mike

We also use the Uclear for our rides, they work great, my CB doesn't work since I bought our bike, one day I hope to have it working just haven't got to it yet, it always say CB error......would be nice for group rides to have the CB. For us when we are out on the bike the Uclear is what we need .

Mike

When I bought the '06 this summer my CB didn't work either. The p.o. stated he never used it. The bike had just turned 10k miles.

Riding back from Illinois that day I was fiddling around with it as the others in the group were conversing as usual.

I could just faintly hear them, they couldn't hear me at all.

I wondered if the thing had ever worked or maybe just needed to be left on for awhile, which I did.

I kept keying the mic and trying to break into the mix until they started to hear me and vice-versa.

The radio steadily got louder until it was fine. Took all of about 30 minutes but it has been working fine ever since and never failed!

Dang,now I am confused LOL.Which member sells this kind of thing.It would be nice to be able to communicate for sure.Thank you for all answers.

The button on the cord one I posted is from the company in link. I can make the earbud adapter, but not for what I have similar parts available off ebay. They just buy way more qty and thus cheaper parts price. The mute button thing is quality rig.

I just use a Sena SMH-10:

http://www.sena.com/product/smh10/

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh-10-bluetooth-stereo-headset

Like all music, outside "noise" is dependent on how loud you set it.

You can choice between voice activated or button push intercom. Button is on the helmet mounted unit though.

Pairs with my iPhone via bluetooth. Voice command, internet, reads text, dictates text, phone, voice command of music, etc. Also allows you to share music so passenger can listen to it also.

Won't do CB, but will work bike to bike within approx 900 yards.

12 hr talk time, 10 day standby. Pairs with other brand Bluetooth headsets also.

I was going to add a stereo to my 83 standard, but after running the Sena for a while I see no need to add that weight to the bike.

I was also the typical "we don't need no stinking radios on a motorcycle" guy and didn't try it until just this summer.

After running with the Sena, I'll never go without one again.

One thing I really like about it (and hope I never have to use) is that if I get thrown from the bike or slide off the road, help is only a lift my arm to press the button away. IE: press button on side of helmet with either hand, voice dial 911, tell them where I am, sit/lay/don't move and wait for them to show up....help is on the way even if I'm in jammed a bush or down in a ditch somewhere.

I've had friends where that very scenario happened: out alone, hustling fast, hit sand in a corner, slide off the road and down an embankment. Busted him up pretty good. Was about 8 hours before someone found him. With a Sena and a phone in his pocket he would have been able to call for help as soon as he regained consciousness....heck, even with the phone still on the bike, Bluetooth is still good for about 30 feet.

Edit: just went thorugh the instruction manual again. It appears you can pair the SMH-10 with a 2 way radio via something called an SRT10. I have no experience with it though...

Edited by Great White