IGNORED

cant log out

ReinyRooster

Well I was wondering about that, because this has happened before and has just happened again.....I just got home from a wedding...been away from the site for about 9 hours and went to this site....and am still logged in....

Checked around the site for a bit and again tried to log out and nothing.....all the other buttons on the site work for me but when I put my cursor over the log out button, the button highlights but nothing happens when I click on it.

Edited by ReinyRooster56

Why? There is no reason to log out. It will log you out automatically after about, 30 minutes or so

Not mine. For about the last 2 weeks, I've not logged out and I'm staying logged in, day in and day out (on my iPad). Doug

It really doesn't matter either way. I am curious though. How do you know it's not logging you out? If you leave your computer on and come back it it shows you still logged in, that is probably because you haven't refreshed the page. Once you refresh it, it will automatically log you back in again.

That being said. I just tried logging out and it worked as it should. I got a popup asking if I was sure I wanted to log and and when I clicked yes, it logged me out. If some of you aren't able to do that, I guess we need to know what system, browser, etc. you are using. It's really not important though.

I always logged out at the end of a session under the belief that leaving an open internet connection was not safe from a security standpoint....that may or not me correct. After I logged out, I always wait for my "spinning wheel" ( the Windows busy signal) and then look at the upper right corner of the screen when the wheel stopped where one logs in to show me that I was no longer logged in. then whenever I went to the site, I was not logged in and had to then log in......now even again this morning when I got to this site, I was logged in without doing anything, and when I lit the log out button, nothing happens.

That's always what works for me... That's why I don't check the password option when deleting. It's a PITA having to remember all those passwords. You might have another catch in your system that isn't handled by the delete feature??? Just a WAS.... I haven't done it on mine but in older IE's I used to go in a manually delete the temp file?? Heck I don't even know if 7 has one??

My reason for being concerned about this is what I said earlier....I was under the impression that it's not wise to leave an open internet connection, from a safety standpoint. Perhaps someone with a lot more computer savvy then me....in others words most people....can chime in hear and tell me if that true or just a load of bunk.