IGNORED

Air pressure gauge.

OrlinEngh

I had been having this vibration and rear tire noise at 60 to 70 and at parking lot speed, I put new tires on checked bearings and headed everything that took grease and it went away, Well it came back, so rechecked bearings bushings final drive went threw the front wheel and couldn't find anything. But noticed that my rear tire was the same as the other one that I replaced.

It looked like it was getting lightly cupped on the out side.

So I checked the air pressure 42 pounds with the same stick type gauge that I have been using on the 2nd gen and it just seemed like the tire looked like it wearing like it was low of air so I tried a different gauge 10 pound difference so I got the one out of the 1st gen same thing.

So here I have been running my tires 8 to 10 pounds under.

Aired up the tires vibration gone, so lesson learned about those stick gauges I think I will give one of the digital ones a try.

Orlin

I have a digital gauge that was about $10-12. This here is the dodger. Have one like this I actually bought to carry on bike but dont like the angle of the dangle. Both read the same. I have checked them against a gauge I had when racing that cost over $100. Its not digital but if they read 40 psi the needle shows 40.

Oh and I wanted to ask, what kind of rear tire. My E3 got the choppy tread thing going before I changed it.

Crazy as it sounds, I still carry and use a plain jane "Honda" analog gauge I robbed out of an early model Wing that I resold years ago.. Have had a number of digital's and analog's thru the years but this thing just wont quit (knock on wood)..

Gotta agree with ya Or, never did have much use for the stick types, only thing I could ever trust about em was their going wacky and causing me grief..

I have a digital gauge that was about $10-12. This here is the dodger. Have one like this I actually bought to carry on bike but dont like the angle of the dangle. Both read the same. I have checked them against a gauge I had when racing that cost over $100. Its not digital but if they read 40 psi the needle shows 40.

Oh and I wanted to ask, what kind of rear tire. My E3 got the choppy tread thing going before I changed it.

The tire I replaced was a 880 Metzler front and rear I got around 7,000 miles out of both. I put the Commander 2 on front and rear and the rear is starting to wear the same that's what made me check to see the air pressure.

The only stick gauge I have ever had that has been worth a crap, I found in a old car I stripped for a race car. Problem is its starts at about 40 or 50 psi. Its a truck gauge, works OK for my 3/4 ton PU. But any other you might as well throw in trash IMOP

Crazy as it sounds, I still carry and use a plain jane "Honda" analog gauge I robbed out of an early model Wing that I resold years ago.. Have had a number of digital's and analog's thru the years but this thing just wont quit (knock on wood)..

Gotta agree with ya Or, never did have much use for the stick types, only thing I could ever trust about em was their going wacky and causing me grief..

I use a stick type that I bought for my old '73 GMC 4x4... back in '73.. Made by Dunlop in England. It's a quality gauge and still repeatable, and so far hasn't given me reason to question it. These things they're putting out now with the plastic stick are worthless... Oh yeah, I do have an OEM Yamaha dial floating around in all this stuff somewhere. Looks good, but never have compared it...