IGNORED

Bluetooth device thread

utadventure

Some where I think we are missing what I am trying to do. I currently have the OEM 5 pin stuff. I have connections so I can listen to my phone via 3.5mm hook up or GPS same way. I would like for the wife to be able to listen to what she wants and I can listen to something completely different and still have comm. So I think the smh10 or 10r would probably do what I want. The smh5 gets poor marks on the mounting and connections etc.
What I understood, right or wrong, is you want to have an intercom connection to the passenger. The passenger wants to have an audio connection to a phone or iPod. The transmitter can be paired with the passenger's headset which will also retain the pairing to the driver's headset. The transmitter will hook directly to the 3.5mm audio device. What I don't know in this scenario is what will happen when the driver talks to the passenger. Will the intercom pairing override the audio pairing or talk over it. With the SMH10 pairing can be switched from the audio transmitter to the intercom by pressing the main control switch. I would say the SM10 will do the same and perhaps better for $150 more. Edited by camos
Added some info that was missed.

That is correct Clive,, "somehow". it is all magic, with smoke and mirrors, and like everything else electronic, if you let the smoke out, it stops performing magic for us.

No, you were not left behind, i just had not explained it concisely.

With the smoke and mirrors....with bt headsets riders on multiple bikes can talk to each other with the headsets paired together. Would this still work?

Yes Don, Sena claims a distance much greater than i have ever seen work, maybe 100 yards separation at most.

Clive,

The drawback to using SMH10 on the helmet is exactly what you described, you have to "tap" the jog button to turn intercom off or on, the 20S does not do that, it is capable of multi tasking, and depending on how you adjust the settings it will either mute the music or drop the level when intercom talks. Like all Sena if the phone is paired and it rings it take priority over everything

With the smoke and mirrors....with bt headsets riders on multiple bikes can talk to each other with the headsets paired together. Would this still work?

It is possible that the person on the other bike could pair with the SMH10 mounted on your bike also, and could theoretically talk on your cb if you do the PTT for them, and listen to your music

Bob,

we use the Uclear brand of communicators. We use iPhone for phone, Uclear intercom, and iPhone for music and GPS. The tool I am missing is the CB. Does your product allow CB to be added to my system?

I have been looking for actual info on your units, and can find nothing as to what system they use.

IF you can pair those with a Sena SMH10 then yes, the Cb becomes useable again via BT

The IC volume control does just that....the IC volume. Has nothing to do with microphone pick-up. Aud volume controls just that.

What do you use for a mic ? Full face/half helmet ? Where do you have the mic positioned ?

I wear a full face helmet with J&M Performance headset. If someone says they can't hear me I move the helmet back a little so the mic is more in front of my mouth.

3/4 & J&M I have no idea performance or whatever. Its not the big dollar one I know that. I have the mink foam touching or near touching my lips.